wierd rock shaped figural...what is it??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well this whole thread has blown my mind. Michael - If you ca n tell me more about this auction house. With a couple thou bottles and glass collected - we will need something put together like this. I never seen this link before and will try to get back on it again. RED M.

groundsloth

Reaction score
Hey, Is this an actual auction house? Or is it spidering and archiving auctions from around the web and posting them to a common site? Kind of like collectorsweekly does??

MichaelFla

Reaction score
Greg Spurgeon and North American Glass has had a fruit jar auction for many years. I have used his services in the past for buying and selling. They are great to deal with! With auctions similar to Heckler and others, North American Glass auctions focus primarily on high end fruit jars. Some of the rarest in the world pass through his doors. He recently branched out into bottles in just the past 2 or three years. I didn't even think about it not being well known. Since prices often reach well over $5000 in each auction, I assumed everybody knew about it. Now it seems I might have 'let the cat out of the bag,' as it were.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So MY first question is to Charles; The threaded finish looks like it should have vertical seams on it; Does it???? If it does - it was made on a machine.The second point is; Thanks Michael for telling us about that Auction house. I would like to contact them regarding my big sales - store window adverting bottles. I need to get them sold. RED M.

groundsloth

Reaction score
RED,Yes, there is a small seam visible on the lip. It runs in between the threads, so it was machine made.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
If it dates from the 1890s it is doubtful it was made in a machine. Likely it was mold blown, and the threads were in the mold. Hence the sheared (ground) top.

groundsloth

Reaction score
Michael, that makes sense. Their are no seams at all in the threads.I will upload a close-up photo.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Thanks for the come backs. I have three jars with the threads were maqde in the mold - i just didn't think of that. That makes it that much better. RED M.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday