Will Buy"Federal Law Forbids..."

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
hey i threw some plain ones that just said federal law etc, etc on them but if i dig some more up do you want them? just pay shipping because i would toss them anyways, but remember the ones i normally find dont have pictures

gypsy

Reaction score
I HAVE ONE OLD BOTTLE. IT IS A SCOTLAND FLASK BOTTLE. IT HAS THEM SAYINGS ON IT AND ALSO SAYS HAIG & HAIG. NICE OLD BOTTLE. TELL ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN IT AND HOW MUCH YOU WILL GIVE ME FOR IT???? dee53@hotmail.com

Nl29977.jpg

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey All, thanks for the response.
Due to the large volume of 'generic' bottles (those without unique character) I will not be including them in this research. These 'plain' bottles were filled with MANY different liquors and without the label cannot be attributed to a particular distiller.
Whereas some of the bottles from this era were made to hold only a certain liquor. These are the ones with patterns/textures, portraits/scenes, logos/trademarkes, etc. There will, of course, be exceptions to this general rule...
With most bottles, being able to 'attribute' the piece to a certain time and place is a major factor in it's value and collectablity. Most important is to know the history of the contents, manufacturer, local, of the bottle. "Provanance"...spell check, please! What I believe is a main factor in the collecting of these type (of bottles) is; FORM.
I guess thats enough of my thesis for now. I hope to have the web-site working (crudly) by the end of July thanks to your help.

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
what if they have the caps so you know what they are

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey RazorsEdge, A good question. I think that the 'guide' that I am working on will be for the bottles and the concept/design that went into them. The cap may indeed tell us what was in them but, it's the bottle that we collect. Therefore I will only be cataloging (and buying) those with the attributes I have listed above.
That being said, I would love to have any info. on and photos of the bottles you may have as it may help in my research of the various companies and bottle factories. Thanks, GARY

monsterdigger

Reaction score
I found a small whiskey/flask bottle, embossed on one side is:Federal law forbids re-usor re-sale, and on the bottom it is embossed with: Jos E Seagrams and Sons LTD, and under that is: CANADA, and under that is: MADE IN USA. The bottle is it mint condition.............no lie!!!!!!!!! and i have the original plastic white cap for it. I found it sticking out of the ground in the woods waiting for some punk to break it. I am willing to trade for another bottle.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hi Gary...

I find those bottles quite often, so I will definitely contact you and send them your way. Do you want them cleaned or would you like them covered in the barnacles, algae, Limpets, growth and filled with the small snails, muscles, clams and crabs??? That's the way I find them!!![:D]

Wayne

tomlivengood

Reaction score
hello. I found an amber flask with a white metal lid. on the side is embossed federal law forbids the sale or reuse of this bottle. on the bottom is embossed Geo. Ballentine & Son Ltd Glascow Scotland Bottle Made in Great Britain.
any interest?

madman

Reaction score
yo digger heres one my friend dug outside hollywood, its not for sale, but feel free to use the pix for your project mike

Ig13573.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH