Wish I had this kinda luck on lotteries

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
I don't know what it is but in the last year since I got back into digging I seem to be tripping over dumps,and I meam GREAT dumps,dumps that go on forever.In the last 2 days I have located 2.
I am always looking even when driving to Florida,or the west coast,sometimes its just a feeling,or a glint of the sun,I know there are dumps in these places, they've just being waiting for 100 years or longer,waitng for me to drive by.
Sometimes I stop and dig,othertimes I just jot down the location,and I may never get back to them,but eh"there're in my DREAMS.
But I've always had a knack at finding really good dumps,so I guess I do have all kinds of LUCK.
Just not in lotteries.
Maybe I should write a book.

Here's a traveling find................

Nl30781.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

IRISH

Reaction score
A green Kepler hey! I don't know anything about them but I found an amber one last year full of a horrible bright blue stuff that killed the grass where I cleaned it [:'(] .

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Weird!!! I used to have a Kepler, but my dad donated it to the salvation army thrift store by accident[:mad:][:mad:][:mad:]. I'M STILL MAD ABOUT THAT!!! ARRGGHH!!![:mad:][:mad:]
*calming down* yeahh, I put all my dirty bottles to be clean in boxes, and when my dad cleaned out our basement, he thought there was just junk in the box (Of course he didn't look) he loaded it in the car and brought it. Well, I hope someone else enjoys MY bottles.[:(] And after all those hours of digging!!!![:(]

kastoo

Reaction score
Yea..what are the keplers worth? I heard people been finding stuff at Goodwills etc and fleas and swaps. A guy recently found a $900 flask for .50 cents at a flea.

bigkitty53

Reaction score
IRISH,
By your description of "bright blue stuff" and the fact the bottles are coloured glass I'd guess they probably held Mercurachrome Blue,the more dangerous predecessor of Methylene Blue.(Kills a lot more than grass!)This was used like Iodine back around the turn of the (last!) century and was used in the aquarium hobby into the 70's before being replaced by methylene.Dangerous stuff unless VERY diluted.Next(?) time it would be better to absorb it in a pint of kitty litter in a plastic bag for disposal at the hazardous waste center.(Your grass will thank you![:D])

KAT

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday