Worlds Rarest Cobalt Blue Hutch?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Different Hutch tops. Here is 2 Gus Wolfs. I had many people tell me these 2 Wolfs are not Hutch Bottles but Gravitating Stopper bottles instead. BUT, none of these 2 Wolfs say Mathews Gravitating Stopper on bottom which is typical for Gravitating Stopper bottles. AND, These 2 were both dug by me with intact hutchinson spring stoppers in bottle. Stoppers missing now since I always remove them before Tumbling. LEON.

PatentHutch2Wolfs.JPG

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
If not a true hutch, then maybe it's just a Rare Cobalt Blue Bottle. Still only one like this I've seen. Leon.

timeandabottle

Reaction score
Picked up this super rare Hutch, as far as I know, only known G. Norris Cobalt Blue Hutch with a tombstone slug plate? Anybody else ever see one before? The slug plate faint & hard to see. Leon. View attachment 250735View attachment 250737View attachment 250738
Nice find Leon! I can’t answer your question being a collector from Utah but rare ones I do love! I got into the hobby all on my own and started buying Kovells type books and wanted at least 1 of every “type” of bottle they had. I also wanted every shape. No particular type of bottle was clear in my mind as “that’s what I want to collect,”!! So I have fire grenades, 10- pins, meds, whiskeys, different colors, etc.. Utah doesn’t have lots of variety in those areas so I branched out. Of course I’ve had to narrow things up because of space. My new rule is this: if I add a bottle, I have to remove and sell one! That’s a damn tough choice these days as the quality has gotten better vs. the quantity! I love your passion and posts! Carry on my friend!✌️

hemihampton

Reaction score
Did you dig that one Leon?
No, but over the years I must of dug at least 15, maybe 20 cobalt blue Norris Hutch's similar to this one minus the tombstone slug plate or any slug plate. Leon.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Nice find Leon! I can’t answer your question being a collector from Utah but rare ones I do love! I got into the hobby all on my own and started buying Kovells type books and wanted at least 1 of every “type” of bottle they had. I also wanted every shape. No particular type of bottle was clear in my mind as “that’s what I want to collect,”!! So I have fire grenades, 10- pins, meds, whiskeys, different colors, etc.. Utah doesn’t have lots of variety in those areas so I branched out. Of course I’ve had to narrow things up because of space. My new rule is this: if I add a bottle, I have to remove and sell one! That’s a damn tough choice these days as the quality has gotten better vs. the quantity! I love your passion and posts! Carry on my friend!✌️

THANKS, LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody asked me how I cleaned it if I didn't tumble it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen