worth the ticks??? and PICS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digginbot247

Reaction score
Took a walk in the woods saturday and stumbled on four bottle necks sticking up out of the ground. Two of them are thick black glass no markings the others are thinner and more of a olive green. All of them are oval shaped at the bottom and look very old the necks tilt back when they are standing straight up will post some pics of them later if i can get the camera to work. Oh yeah got at least 1,000 ticks and almost as many chiggers winter digging is much nicer.

B108CDF7BBE448F1A4B8A6CFF020C69C.gif

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• B108CDF7BBE448F1A4B8A6CFF020C69C.gif
    B108CDF7BBE448F1A4B8A6CFF020C69C.gif
    109 KB · Views: 78

GuntherHess

Reaction score
RE: worth the ticks???

ticks i can deal with but chiggers are the spawn of hell. Make yourself a suit out of trash bags and go for it.

madman

Reaction score

hey how about some flea bombs?? or spray, fire?? hey if i found bottle necks sticking out of the ground, id be digging no matter wat, how about a paper suit mike

JGUIS

Reaction score

Eat alot of garlic, if you keep it in your system, it will secrete through your skin and bugs HATE it.

capsoda

Reaction score

Yeah, Garlic, vitamin E and sulfar tablets or some Korean kimchi. If kimchi sweatin out your pours don't keep them off, nothin will.[:)]

madpaddla

Reaction score

Unreal but watching some FU FU channel w/ the g/f said that fabric softener sheets keep the bugs off. Gonna try that today. Ahhh that can't work can it??[8|] Madpaddla

frank

Reaction score

A tixebeck suit and some bens bug spray for tick will kept any bugs away cost $15. 00 for both it work the best!!!!!!

towhead

Reaction score

I tried Dryer sheets for Deer Flies (Deer Flies are a bit bigger than a house fly with a stripe on wings-and although they dont bite frequently, when they do....[:mad:]!!) Anyway, didnt work for them....maybe I used the wrong brand? [8|]

DiggerBryan

Reaction score

I have a simliar problem... The town dump I found is a wooded area and it is loaded with mosquitoes. I know it sounds like I'm a wussy but they are by far the worst I've ever been in. I've tried all kinds of repellants, the last one I tried was OFF Deep Woods. It had very little effect. So I guess I will just have to wait until Fall to check the dump out. [&:]

capsoda

Reaction score

Hey Brian, I use the Off Coils that you light. I place four of them in a square and they work pretty good. Skitters really seem to hate that stuff.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973