Would these be considered collectable

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Postrophe

Reaction score
I worked installing church organs for awhile. On one instalation I had to cut some of the floor away in the attic and found these under it. The Marion-Kay label has Brownstown, IN. on it. Just wondering if they were worth trying to sell. All 4 bottles are full. There's 2 vanilla and 2 lemon flavors.
0.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Paul

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Paul, since they are 1949 or later, my guess would be no to the general collector. However, they could be real special to someone in Brownstown. This is just my opinion. You could try E-bay and see what happens I guess. Kelley

Bluebelle

Reaction score
What an interesting find! They might be marketable to someone who collects old household product containers. But did you notice they have 20% alcohol in them? Can't help but have a mental image of some long-ago organist tippling away on the extracts to get a little buzz for the service.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Why Bluebelle..... have you ever played the organ??? [;)][;)][;)]

ride on

Reaction score
Since the labels state "sold by ladies groups everywhere" I'd first check with the church groups to see if they have an interest in them. I'm wondering if the bottles were put there intentionally, as a form of "time capsule object."

Also check with the Brownstown, IN museums.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
If you've been in an antique collective lately you'll find bottles like these with the labels intact are quite collectible at least here in New England. They've become a collectible field in themselves. There's great interest in any paper-labeled product from the 40's on. Many ahem..."Baby Boomers" find such objects nastalgic, brings back war 'fuzzies' from their childhoods.[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR