Ypsilanti Bottling works???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Dug this 6-1/2 oz Ypsilanti,MI bottling works embossed soda? the other day. Has a large Y on the bottom and 6 (more-less) rectangles with a single star in each one on the shoulder around the bottle. Anyone possibly have any information on it? year/mfg/value? Thanks.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Mr. M-- unfortunatley I cant do much with pics other than send them email from my phone, its a light aqua like a Dr pepper for color. probably just another $2 bottle Ill throw out on a table at the flea mkt.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Rich,

One of these days you're gonna leap that photo hurdle, and then watch out. [8D] Isn't there an app for that?

From looking around a bit, I see the Ypsi Historical Society has a bottle or two. They are very active in their Activities & may have Information.

From your description it sounds as if your bottle may be somewhat like the Star Boy...

starboy_01.jpg
From Chosi.

Is it at all similar? I'm gonna guess a late Twenties time frame...

MIdigger

Reaction score
Similar, yes. From the neck ring, the rectangles are more-less vertical and contain one star (6 total around the shoulder) below that is the embossing that says Ypsilanty bottle works, and the other side says Ypsilanti, Mich
At the base it says 6-1/2 oz, the bottom has a large Y as I said earlier. I think the one you pictured is a bit before this one. The color looks pretty much the same. I didnt figure its worth much. Thanks for the picture and information.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Thanks Bill, the bottle show was interesting. A bit much for me to absorb all at once with the people rushing in, but I saw a lot of nice pieces.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide