found some bottles in a cottage dump by a lake

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
went back and poked around some more fortuently its not very far from where I live , no really interesting finds , a broken blue glass bottle , a broken mini figurine made in japan , some junk bottles , a broken milk jug for " acme farm dairy " . a large milk jug with no writing on it .

some broken pop bottles , 2 coca cola oldest has date of 1941 , a broken Kist bottle , broken double cola bottle and a large clear Canada dry bottle .

P5020001.jpgP5020006.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
there is so much stuff there its taking a long time to poke thru it all , went back and found more stuff , a broken blue glass bottle , broken maple syrup bottle , Raleigh's bottle , an old broken jar , an olive oil bottle from Montreal ,

some broken pop bottles , a kist , old colony , Doran's , Brown's beverages .
not broken a Vernor's ginger ale bottle and an American bottle a Chicquot club 30 oz green bottle has an 1-48 on bottom so assuming it's from 1948 . never found one from that company before so assume someone brought it up here
P5060004.jpgchicquotclub30oz.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
the olive oil bottle is somewhat unusual , from a Montreal Company

Gattuso olive oil corp Montreal on front and pure olive oil on back , rd 1946 on bottom

P5060008.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
the doran's bottle is way out of its area to be found here , according to book its from either Sault Ste Marie Ontario or Timmins Ontario both far away cities in Northern Ontario but it is broken unfortuently

the Vernor's bottle is from Windsor Ontario , back is very hard to read and faded but can make out " James Vernor co Windsor Ontario , also on back says note vernor's aged in wood , very hard to read it all but it is there

P5060010.jpgP5060002.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
I like the Vernor's bottle since it was founded & originated from Detroit & I live near Detroit. I'd love to dig a John Vernors 1890's Pharmacy bottle. LEON.

RCO

Reaction score
I like the Vernor's bottle since it was founded & originated from Detroit & I live near Detroit. I'd love to dig a John Vernors 1890's Pharmacy bottle. LEON.

the vernor's bottle is likely from the 40's , I don't think it was sold in a lot of stores around here if any as I've never found one here before , although saw a couple at an antique store the other day , couple from Windsor and Detroit .
don't think I've even tried Vernor's ginger ale to be honest , always drink Canada dry or muskoka dry , have to see if I can find a variety store with a can on it , think there is one in town that sells it

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It's amazing the distance bottles travel sometimes, isn't it. Today I found the base of a Coke bottle from San Diego, of all places! I can only imagine how it traveled far enough to end up in Ottawa. Shame that it broke once it got here.

I'd like to try Vernor's one of these days too, but I never see it for sale around here.

RCO

Reaction score
It's amazing the distance bottles travel sometimes, isn't it. Today I found the base of a Coke bottle from San Diego, of all places! I can only imagine how it traveled far enough to end up in Ottawa. Shame that it broke once it got here.

I'd like to try Vernor's one of these days too, but I never see it for sale around here.

haven't found the vernor's yet but pretty sure I know a variety store that sells it , its an independent and pretty sure they have like 30 plus brands of pop in cans and seem to remember seeing vernor's

have found a couple American coke's before as well , one from NY and another Ohio but those places aren't really that far away from Ontario

the blackflys are coming out here , were wild when at some yard sales on Saturday in some places near the water , not sure if i'll try and dig that dump for time being or not , its near a swamp and could be bug crazy soon

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'm sure glad we don't have many blackflies around here, they sound awful. We do have the mosquitoes pretty bad though, since Ottawa was built on a swamp it's got lots of standing water around. This year I ended up buying a bug net for my face. It was getting horrible, I'd put bug repellent on my arms and face but then the mosquitoes would go for my eyes and then I'd blink and kill them by accident and get mosquito parts in my eye and ugh I shudder thinking about it. Hopefully I'll have them beat this year, but I don't know how well the net will work while crawling through underbrush.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264