1st one of these Orange Crush for me

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies I think the OC is neat looks like I would have seen one by now . They must be a lot scarcer in my area than other places. I have seen the clear just not the amber. Was the Mission Milk Bottle type used before mission came out with a regular Soda type bottle ? bob

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: digger mcdirt

Thanks for the replies I think the OC is neat looks like I would have seen one by now . They must be a lot scarcer in my area than other places. I have seen the clear just not the amber. Was the Mission Milk Bottle type used before mission came out with a regular Soda type bottle ? bob

I would have to say that it was being used during the Mission Orange period which corresponds with the Mission Sparkling Dry era during the 1930's, when they were selling both of these drinks. The Mission Beverages line really didn't show up from what I have been able to ascertain until the late 1930's and early 1940's.

I have a letterhead from the California Crushed Fruit Corporation dated 2-28-29 which has both the Mission Sparkling Orange Dry and Mission Real Fruit Juice (sweetened) on it, they also claim to be the makers of "Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon Juices and their By-Products". It appears that they bottled the Orange, Grapefruit, and Lemon non-carbonated juices in these milk style bottles, and bottled the carbonated versions in the black glass paper label bottles.

They also changed their name to the Mission Dry Corporation in 1930. Which would explain the M. D. C. embossed on the base of my bottle. Your's most likely pre-dates mine due to the embossing instead of an acl.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26