2 bottles from my latest digthing

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

HunterGatherer

Reaction score
They are definately not chips. For high/low points are evenly spaced all the way around. I guess it could be for pouring.

http://www.staff.olympia.org/external/EastWeb/Chess%2520Website/rook.jpg
I wonder are there more out there, so I can have a complete giant glass bottle chess set?

HunterGatherer

Reaction score
I suppose that might be a reasonable use Spencer. I'm uploading a few pictures of the cleaned bottle right now.

DSCF0532.jpg

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
well now im sure it MUST be something alcoholic because it has the federal law warning on the bottom...which i personally have only seen on whiskey products

very interesting find and a nice bottle!

LC

Reaction score
I would say you are right Spencer, My guess, it is a Prohibition Whiskey bottle.

HunterGatherer

Reaction score
So the number 67 on the bottom doesn't indicate the year it was produced? These things always confuse me.

EDIT: Oh, and the AB bottle has 9-B embossed in tiny letters on the bottom of the side in case it matters.

LC

Reaction score
epgorge

Joel, just went back and checked out your website, pretty impressive. I love that pickle jar! I am trying to do something similar, illustrating some of the bottles and other things I have collected over the years. Spencer was giving me a hand getting started with it which I thought was pretty cool for him to do. I have a long way to go with it. Would like to add some more text to it at a later date, once things start going right around here gain! With my computer breaking down, kind of brought things to a halt. This old computer will not recognize my camera for some reason. I have been trying to do some scans on some of the bottles, but the outcome is not too impressive as for the quality of the pictures. I will get there though as the weeks go on. Here is a link to some of my JUNK! I am sure you will see at least one or two things that might catch your interest.

http://www.freewebs.com/yesterdaystreasures/index.htm

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaExplorer11