Any idea?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

richf

Reaction score
Found this browsing around eBay ... did anybody ever hear of it? Kind of strange to have embossing on the bottom of a pontiled bottle. For some reason, I could not paste the link - could somebody tell me how? The item number is 330050699649.
Rich

madpaddla

Reaction score
herer is the link for ya richf:
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-HERB-BITTERS-BOTTLE-AQUA-GREEN-DR-TRAVISS-PONTIL_W0QQitemZ330050699649QQihZ014QQcategoryZ890QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

swizzle

Reaction score
Its not common and I've heard that if there is embossing on the base then its not pontiled. I have encountered pontiled 8 sided umbrella inks with a 4x4 embossed on the base so I know they exist. Swizzle

richf

Reaction score
How did you paste the link? This has been frustrating me for some time! What do you think of the bottle?
Rich

richf

Reaction score
Spencer, the more I look at this bottle the more I think it's a well done fake! Buckshutem, NJ is a tiny, tiny forgotten town in South Jersey and very close to some glassmaking towns. As a matter of fact, I just did an Internet search for this bottle, which apparently was blown by the Clevenger Brothers, of Clayton, NJ. Here's the link ...
http://www.bottlebooks.com/Repros/More%20Repos/more_reproductions.htm
Either way, I'd love to have this bottle just because it was made by Clevenger. But, not at that price!
Rich

capsoda

Reaction score
Don't know if it is a fake or not because I am not up on bitters like I should be but there are embossed bottom pontiled bottles around. It was not real common but it was done.

richf

Reaction score
Trust me on this one, folks, this is a fantasy bottle that had me fooled! Still, I would love to have it in my collection and would give $10 for it, which is more than it's worth!
Rich

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology