Asking permission...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Grampy Green Jeans

Reaction score
So.... any advice for asking permission to scratch around on this guy's property?[X(]
The area looks to be out of sight, some limbs and small amount of debris he has thrown there. Its a short embankment, down to a small driveway ditch. Looks very likely where some early dumping went on.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
My advice is,knock on the door,tell him what you do and a little bit about the hobby of bottle digging,and keep your fingers crossed.There is one thing that will happen for sure,it will be a YES or a NO [8D]
Getting permission to dig privys in someones yard is a lot harder then getting farm dumps.

Grampy Green Jeans

Reaction score
That's the plan .... If They say no... [:(] I will have to see that spot every day.. and ... wonder! ( Missed my chance to ask today, their gone... tomorrow is Easter... monday then)
Great stories on your site! I had been there from "Google, searching bottle info.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Thanks....
The people that say no to us are on the (move or dead) list, either they move or die.Of natural causes that is.[:D] No Ill will towards anyone.But you have to go sometime lol.
There is this one old lady,she is 95.She told us when she dies we can dig the pits in her yard.Her house is 1840,we know where the privys are.I look in the Obits every day. [8D] "Anything for a privy" [;)]

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey rick,thats funny dude.i heard she died but in her will she wanted to be stuffed and put by the window so you wouldnt dig. haha THE BADGER

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
There's this spot I know that looks promising. I drive by it and see the sparlkling glass just beggin to be loved. The only thing is, I need permission. I'm just scared to ask. What if he says no and then after I tell him, the bottles disappear? Could I just say I want to pick up trash on his property? kinda kidding about that but...

haelix

Reaction score
tell the truth , that you will backfill, and take off even the broken glass, Take them some fresh produce.(old folks love produce). Dont beg or be rude, and Never let them know about how much money they may have burred on their property.
Offer to spread grass seed when you are done

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
good ideas, I mow lawns for money; I could offer to mow there lawn a couple times maybe more if I need to lol

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL