Bottle I.D. please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, need some help with a couple of new eBay additions.1. Is E.S. REED'S SONS / ATLANTIC CITY a Pharmacy / Drug Store bottle or more of a Patent Medicine type?2. Where is HYNSON / WESTCOTT / DUNNING located, is it also a Pharmacy / Drug Store bottle? and what did these folks produce if it is not. Both are small, 1/4 or 1/2 ounce, clear, square and early 1900s. Thanks in advance. Jim

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hey Jim.REED'S E S SONS (C Sumner Reed) druggists 805 Atlantic Ave
From the Era driggist 1914 and city directory, 1920.

Hynson, Westcott and Dunning, a former Baltimore pharmaceutical manufacturer From Obituary and the era druggist. I think they made cosmetics as well.

botlguy

Reaction score
Thank you Eric, it is such a blessing to have the help that you and a few others provide to us less technical types. The Reed's will fit well into my 1/2 ounce Pharmacy / Drug Store collection and may be the first 1/4 ounce. The other fits into the "Littles" collection. Thanks again. Jim

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
From the obit."The business was perhaps best known for Mercurochrome, the mild red antiseptic that it developed in 1918 and later marketed. For generations of children, the product, which didn't sting like Merthiolate, was almost a rite of passage in treating minor wounds.Here's a 1934 ad.
9907037FF79C4631BD4D5A5C14AC7F32.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson