Concerning privys in NH/ Maine...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

appliedlips

Reaction score
Oldtimer,

I hope you find many a good bottle in those privies,I just think the odds are way better in town,the bigger city the better.I also think there are pontils yet to be found in New England dumps,they are just tough to find.Good luck with the Bryant's..Doug

chrisp

Reaction score
I think another reason for more dumps than privies here in New Hampshire is that the digging is pretty hard going. They dont call it the Granite State for nothing................ chrisp

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
Oldtimer, I live in Maine now, but I was in NH for 25 years, I Metal Detect cellar holes and been looking for privies for 20 years, never found one, I listen for the deep iron, found many dumps, but no privies, many diggers have told me over the years the olds are rare, I have dug out cellar holes and found many bottles and pipes and coins, try cleaning one of those cellar holes out, bet there is stuff in those, good luck on the privy finds, and if you do find one tell us please

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
You'll have to come out west to dig a Bryant's cone. All known specimines have come from either Sacramento or San Francisco, CA. The sided legs have been found throughout the west and in Sao Paulo, Brazil

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR