Flint knife dug in creekside dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
MY first love was collecting arrow heads at the age of 10. Some great onesya'll showed here. I really love the red one. I had a beautiful black "bird arrow head that I traded for a machine made common ATWOODS BITTERS".THE guy was gonna give it to me latter and never did. I have found a solid red arrow head that had the tip broken off. Lots of flint where I live and have been told it could be traded where it was not common. THEwhite quartz[at least that what it looks like] is very hard to find whole.I had a friend who ROBBED GRAVES" which I think is terrible ,but he had a barn full of 'spear heads ,arrow heads ,bowls,and any other INDIAN ARTIFACT imaginable! HE sold all of it to someone for $100! I have a few decent arrowheads,nothing great ,to someone for a bottle if any one interested.The arrow heads are proberly CHEROKEE as they are the ones who lived in the area or could be CREEK as where I live was pretty much the deviding line between the two tribes.Rumor is they played a game similar to lacross to determan who would have to move from this area . The creek lost. There was a fort CEDARTOWN to hold the Indians until they were sent on the trail of tears.

fort Cedarto

i traded for a for a common machine made ATWOODS JAUNDICE BITTERS"

E

Reaction score
Reminds me of the worst trade I ever made: in middle school I was awarded all the baseball cards confiscated during a couple successive school years = 4 shoe boxes full, cards dating from late 50s to early 70s, I would guess 5000+ cards. A buddy of mine traded me a Louis Fritz Cincinnati hutch for the lot. I gotta figure those cards would 200+ Fritz hutches these days.

About a week after the trade I dug my own Louis Fritz and a rarer Felix Fritz squat (Cincinnati was a good place to a digger in 1972).

When I figure out the photo thing I promise I will share some of my remaining relics with ya'll (I have given most away over the years).

Anybody ever find any clovis points out there?

lexdigger

Reaction score
I'd love to see some of the stuff you've got from Cinci. Especially anything local or from Kentucky. I have found one Clovis over the many years of arrowhead hunting I've done. I'm sure it is the most rare piece in my entire collection. Most hunters will search for thier entire life and still never find one! The funny thing is that me and two friends walked this field to death. One day we were fishing and I decided to go into the field and do a little walking since the fishing was slow. There were footprints everywhere and I made my way to an area that most avoided because there wasn't much flint in that spot. Low and behold, there it layed! Don't forget to check those corners in the privies And in the fields you hunt! Chris

clovis.jpg

madman

Reaction score
yo lex, heres some from northern ohio any idea how old mike

01391ED4F9D54FF4ABAFD878686CCDB9.jpg

Attachments

• 01391ED4F9D54FF4ABAFD878686CCDB9.jpg
    01391ED4F9D54FF4ABAFD878686CCDB9.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 46

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey Doug
Nice finds there !Allways like those old rocks .Every one seams to have some nice old relics .Thanks
bill

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
Doug and Shag,

Holy Cow! Fred's Flintmobile lost a wheel! That is very cool
plus all the other arrowhead pics on this post.

Chris(Lexdigger) always finds some great points and bottles/crocks as well.

I've been focusing on digging bottles right now, but enjoyed finding Wintu points/tools off in dry creek beds in NorCal.

Doug

E

Reaction score
Lex,

You more interested in the native american relics or Cinci area bottles?

I grew up between Hebron/Burlington, Ky and dug a good number of local bottles/crocks = many of which I still have. I was primarily interested in cinci/northern Ky beers (came darn near having complete preprohibition set) and ponies/hutches (woodbury, newport mineral water, John Engel, Julius Weber, Fritz, Henry Wenzel, Overdick, etc.).

99% of my native american stuff comes from central Va. I do like finding artifacts, but get much more excited over bottles.

lexdigger

Reaction score
I'd be interested in seeing anything dug from Cinci area. I've only been into bottles now for a few years. I've hunted for arrowheads for going on twenty years now. One day I was walking a construction site checking it for flint and found a bunch of glass instead. I done a little research, talked to the property owner and dug my first bottles on that site. I think I love digging bottles about as much as I do searching for arrowheads. The difference to me is that the arrowheads are one of a kind and the bottles are mostly mass produced. When you dig something rare, unusual, or unknown the feeling is about equivalent to finding a nice G-10 artifact. I find old marbles and coins when I'm hunting rocks and I've even found a nice artifact on a bottle digging site. Chris

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers