I almost forgot the clear

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sassycb

Reaction score
Like I said, kind of a lot for someone with no knowledge. I'm learning fast, and with all of your help I will be just fine. All of these have been acquired in the past 3 weeks. My husband is bringing more home tonight. Hopefully I'll have more pics tomorrow. Thanks in advance for everyones help. Christine

Bz77470.jpg

Attachments

• Bz77470.jpg
    Bz77470.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 66

Miles

Reaction score
Woah..look at all those bottles. It seems you have quite a few screw top bottles which are of little value, but don't go throwing them out, some screw tops can be desirable to collectors. What's also interesting is that there is what appears to be 1800's bottles mixed in, so that will make it easier to compare. You stumbled on one nice dump, looks like over 200 bottles.

greenpoison

Reaction score
anyone-

how on earth does one go about finding such dumps?

-adam

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
well alot of farms and home's in the northeast have huge bottle dumps,and we really dont look for the privys,I have only just begun a education in privy diggn and finding due to lack of bottle dumps and people letting you on thier propertys....

I feel bad for the ones out west who dont have a old town/city history and cannot find such places...

look down old ravines near railroad tracks,or like i said go to a old farm house,ask the farmer if he's got a bottle dump "he will know what your talkin about!",then ask if you can rummage through it,if he wont and you know there real good pickin there tell him youll let him in on anything you find thats worth alot "farmer not knowing about bottles,but they like to hear $$$$$ from anyone who says they want to sift through years of garbage"......or give them 50 bucks and have them sign a letter that states that they are not at fault if you get hurt "that is alot of peoples main concern nowadays - i wouldnt want to get sued"...

sassycb

Reaction score
Hi Adam, as for where all those bottles came from, my husband is working at a city park at a construction site. I was just lucky. Private property. Christine

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers