New dig in Alabama

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Cokecounty21

Reaction score
My brother in law bought a building in downtown that is historical (almost every building there is historic) anyway he hasn’t done the history on the building and doesn’t know what type of business it was but the building is three stories looking at it from the street but actually there is a full basement but part of it at the front is a crawl space with dirt floors where the other part is finished and has a concrete floor and you can stand up whereas you can’t in the part at the front! While checking it out I noticed that in the part that is a crawl space there we’re tons of jars and asked him if I could have them and he said yes, 3-4 hours later I have over 50 hazel atlas, Kerr, Ball and Knox brand mason jars and there are more that i could not get that day but I will be going back! Will post pics as soon as I get them cleaned up!

hemihampton

Reaction score
sounds interesting, any old tin cans under there or anything else besides jars? Good Luck. Leon.

jwpevahouse

Reaction score
My brother in law bought a building in downtown that is historical (almost every building there is historic) anyway he hasn’t done the history on the building and doesn’t know what type of business it was but the building is three stories looking at it from the street but actually there is a full basement but part of it at the front is a crawl space with dirt floors where the other part is finished and has a concrete floor and you can stand up whereas you can’t in the part at the front! While checking it out I noticed that in the part that is a crawl space there we’re tons of jars and asked him if I could have them and he said yes, 3-4 hours later I have over 50 hazel atlas, Kerr, Ball and Knox brand mason jars and there are more that i could not get that day but I will be going back! Will post pics as soon as I get them cleaned up!
Bottle diggers often find old bottles and jugs underneath the crawl space of old buildings. Sounds like the jars you found are 1920s to 1930s. But that doesn't mean there isn't older stuff. Some great finds have been made under old buildings,

Cokecounty21

Reaction score
There were some vintage glass shelf risers for displaying things. I believe the building must have been either a bakery, restaurant, or store that would have sold homemade canned foods and other food items. Because the number of jars and the fancy glass shelf risers ! There was a sign that said W. W McClellan pres.! It was made of a thin plastic but looked vintage.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH