Newbie probes his first solo privy!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
The kidndny cure bottle is kinda rare, not really expensive but well worth keeping especially if it has no damage. Well done in keeping out from under the cave-in, as an old digger, cave ins are really dangerous and are not fun at all. Like your stories, and for sure don't dig like that again, or we might not get to see any more.............Andy

hemihampton

Reaction score
Just re read it, I thought the bottom fellout instead of the side. LEON.

2find4me

Reaction score
Another great dig, glad you could have a newbie along to learn some things!The Reid's is sweet, gotta love the mold error! A good $20 bottle.Thanks for sharing!

botlguy

Reaction score
2find4me said:
Another great dig, glad you could have a newbie along to learn some things!The Reid's is sweet, gotta love the mold error! A good $20 bottle.Thanks for sharing!
If anyone knows of a REID'S available please let me know. I'd like to get one for a friend with the name Reid.Jim

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Well, just returned from digging the pre civil war site, and was dipped cleaner than anything I had ever seen! Nice ovoid stone liner bottomed out at 8 feet, just the way we find 'em but barely any shards or anything! Nothing whole, and really had me going at about the 5 foot level when I hit a solid lime layer. Problem was, the lime went about 2 1/2 feet thick! Left about 6 inches of the bottom where there was absolutely nuthin! I was stunned, bummed, and numbed! All at the same time! HA! Never seen a lime layer that thick and nothing to find underneath it. Strangest thing I ever did see. Really has me scratching my head. Worst part is getting totally skunked! I'm not thrilled only finding a handful of bottles but absolutely nothing??? That's so wrong. So, there is a yard next door.........maybe this weekend. Back to my previous dig, the hutches were JJ Flynn of Quincy Il. They were like Coca Cola of their day, meaning they really had a lions share of the soda market for many miles in this area. The only one that was different was a Henry Durholt, a distant 3rd place competitor to Flynn. As for the cave-in it was really more of a fall-down as it just slid down the side of the privy. Still was dangerous but I doubt life threatening. Sean the newbie had been on several digs with me starting back in March and had dug in at least 10 holes with me, so he is totally hooked and salivates at the mention of a dig. He kept buggin' me to go to Quincy with him to probe out this yard and I felt it was time for him to "get out of the nest" and fly solo for a change. So I told him, "Go probe a hole and call me when you find something." I told him either he didn't need me anymore or I was tired of doing all the work. I can't recall which I said, but knowing me it was probably both! Ha! I'm just glad (lucky) he called! Jack

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Jim, there is one on Ebay right now for $28 I believe, but it is the variant with correct spelling, which I hear are harder to find than the misspelled ones. Jack

botlguy

Reaction score
cannibalfromhannibal said:
Jim, there is one on Ebay right now for $28 I believe, but it is the variant with correct spelling, which I hear are harder to find than the misspelled ones. Jack
Thanks Jack, I was going to go search when I finished reading my email.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen