ROOT BEER TASTE TEST

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
~ You're Invited ~

I'm always looking for something new and different to post, and for a little summer fun thought I would try getting others involved in my "Great Root Beer Taste Test." I went to various stores today and bought one bottle/can of every brand of rootbeer I could find. And now over the next couple of days I will sample each and see which one I like best. A few of the brands I never heard of, and some are generic like those you find at Wal-Mart, etc. In all I ended up with nine different ones and plan to go out tomorrow again and see if I can find a few more.

The way I hope this will work will be to taste test them over the weekend and then on Monday (July 26) post my preference along with a photo of the bottle or can. If you just hate rootbeer and have no interest in participating, I will understand. And if you already know your favorite without doing the taste test, but would like to join in, please wait until Monday or Tuesday to post your comments so as not to influence others.

I realize this is a little "off the wall," but I am genuinely curious as to which current brand is liked best, and see if it turns out to be one of brands that has been around for years and years and holds to it's claim (as they all claim) of being "The Best Root Beer In The Good Ol' U.S.A."

If you have something to add to this please feel free to do so. Otherwise I hope to hear from you on Monday or Tuesday of next week. And please keep a list of every brand you come home with. I'm also curious to know just how many different brands there are on the market today.

Thanks to all ...

ROOTBEERBOB [:D]

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S. ~

I wanted to add the reason for this so called taste test was because I was in one of those fancy gourmet markets the other day and saw several brands of rootbeer I had never heard of. Some of them even made elaborate claims of being around since Moses ... so that's when I decided to give a few of them a try.

I realize that some of you may live in the boondocks and not have dozens of stores to shop at like I do, especially some of the fancy one's that carry fancy rootbeers ... but just do the best you can and we'll see what develops. And this might also be a good time for some of you to un-cap those still full bottles of rootbeer you've had sitting on your collection shelves for years. That way you can tell us if they actually get better with age ... Lol [:mad:]

Thanks again,

SPB

epackage

Reaction score
Hands down Boylan's from New Jersey.......

green dragon

Reaction score
gonna have to go hunting now for off brands - gourmet stuff is hard to find up here even though we have some semi-local bottlers. go figure.

look forward to the test and to the list of what off-beat brands you found.

~ AL

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S. ~ P.S.

Although I requested for everyone who participates to please wait until Monday or Tuesday of next week to post your favorite brand, I figured it couldn't hurt to share this link for those who need a little help as what to look for. Of course not all of them are still around. But it will give you some idea as to the popularity of rootbeer over the years.

SPB

Rootbeer Brand Link : http://rootbeer.net/RootBeerBrands.html

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: epackage

Hands down Boylan's from New Jersey.......

Gotta agree with Jim on the Boylan's! Up by the river near Seneca Junction, The local 'red brothers' (Seneca's) have a log cabin smoke shop, they carry Boylan's there,.....for awhile Laur and I would try a different flavor each visit.....[;)] Good stuff.

RedGinger

Reaction score
An excuse to buy some root beer. I like it! Yes, the Boylan's is very good. I'm not a Root Beer fanatic, but I'll drink it. I think Stewart's is pretty good too.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
BOYLANS! Funny, though, I used to prefer root beer to birch beer and have found that I now prefer birch beer.

That's what I was drinking at Shupps Grove... it also comes in a nice glass, acl, embossed bottle and is made with real sugar.... you've gotta respect that!

Someone's gotta give A-Treat a test.. they have good soda... LOVE their Grapefruit![:D]

Let me know when the Dr Pepper taste test is going on... I'll get some Dr Weis, Dr W, Dr Thunder, Dr Bob... (ps, I like them all better than Dr Pepper - not sure why)

celerycola

Reaction score
This may be considered off topic but I bought a 12 pack of pineapple Fanta today.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide