ROOT BEER TASTE TEST

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
We're not really supposed to talk about rootbeer until next week anyway.... A-Treat makes Pineapple soda also. I drank some Caribbean brand in Grand Cayman years ago and that was the best Pineapple soda I ever had. Drank it every day!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
I have 2 in my car and I haven't decided what to do with them yet! They'll probably end up rare because we recycle so much these days. At least it gives you an excuse to by more! We picked it up at the beer distributor, where you can mix & match and it's a little cheaper than most places I see it for sale. (Yes - can you tell I'm from PA... do others even know what a beer distributor is?)

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
How about the six pack carry out limit, Do you guys have that, if you buy beer at an eatery? Here's some other soda thats REALLY good that I may have posted sometime ago here....Their rootbeer might even give the Boylans a run, but their Birch Beer! good stuff!
m6.gif

A2D291B978FC433AA143357EA0598934.jpg

Attachments

• A2D291B978FC433AA143357EA0598934.jpg
    A2D291B978FC433AA143357EA0598934.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 75

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
They have it on draft at Musikfest... that's when I usually drink Kutztown Birchbeer.... that's local stuff, too.... you have it up there?

celerycola

Reaction score
(Yes - can you tell I'm from PA... do others even know what a beer distributor is?)

In Buffalo there are three taps at the sink: hot, cold, and beer. Now that's a public service.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: pyshodoodle

They have it on draft at Musikfest... that's when I usually drink Kutztown Birchbeer.... that's local stuff, too.... you have it up there?

Yeah Kate,...We have a cool little market shop called the "Grocery Stretcher" run by relocated Mennenite's from down your area,....They turned me onto it.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Heck with it! Let's go ahead and "pour out" all of our pent-up rootbeer fantasie's and get it over with ... Lol [:D] I'll even lead the pack by saying a draft rootbeer like "A&W" is going to be hard to beat. I realize this is a bottle site and not a keg site ... but I really believe rootbeer was intended to best be enjoyed directly from the "Barrel." Question is; How many different walk-in rootbeer fountains are there around? I only know of two! ... an A&W from "anywhere," and "Mister D'z" on Route 66 in Kingman, Arizona. I honestly think they have developed a formula for rootbeer that truly embraces the romance of of the American Highway. "Mister D'z" makes their own rootbeer on a daily basis, and enthusiast like me will drive hundreds of miles just to enjoy some of their "home brew." I believe they sell it in bottles now, but do not know where to purchase it except in Kingman. The fine people of Kingman have pulled together and are making their town one of the most popular stops along old Route 66. It is a totally tourist friendly community and they sure have some great rootbeer ta'boot! Not to mention the town is halfway between The Grand Canyon and Las Vegas, which are two of the most colorful "playgrounds" in the west , and two of my favorite places. My vote definitely goes to ...

"Mister D'z Rootbeer"

Anyhoo ... I still plan on doing the taste test over the weekend, and will probably get so sick of rootbeer I will regret this whole thing. Oh well, ... it's like Paul Newman said in the movie "Cool Hand Luke" when he responded as to why he busted the heads off of parking meters with a baseball bat; he replied, "heck, it's just something to do!"

Thanks for stopping by - see ya in a day or less. [:D]

SPB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers