SHould I remove the seal?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jamez

Reaction score
Hello there new to the site and new to bottle collecting. Great site yall got here :) I recently acquired a bunch of bottles at an auction for the purpose or reselling but after going thru them I caught the bug and decided to keep a bunch lol I was wondering on the pictured bottles would it diminish their values if I remover the lables that went over the cork? They are barely there and I think they would clean up nice that way buy I wouldn't want to diminish their value incase I would ever want to sell or trade them Thanks for any help :)

2vrvhap.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, don't remove anything....Jim

mctaggart67

Reaction score
The "cork" labels are an integral part of the bottle's history. Keep em'! By the way, what is printed on them? Pics?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Welcome Jamez
By the way, what is printed on them?
That's what I was wondering. They look like tax stamps and if they're dated it might help you with age. Are the bottles embossed with the Gargling Oil name.
I'm a little suspicious of the labels and the amethyst color of the front one but I admit I'm not too familiar with the gargling oils.
Can you get some clearer pictures, my eyes see blurry to start with.

Jamez

Reaction score
Yea ones a dark green and a cobalt blue Both have decent lables and both have the embossing on the back. The green gots a good cork label but all I can make out is the signature that they put on it. The blue has the remains of a cork label but just barely and black and dirty, that was the cork label I was really wanting to scrape off because its such bad condition and I thought it would look better in the light with the glass exposed. Thanks for all the advice sorry such a late reply

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
The labels look intact & every letter is visible, I SAID LEAVE THEM BE! I only remove the label if less then 50% of it was readable.

Jamez

Reaction score
Let me clarify I was only referring to the cork seal label. The main front labels are in beautiful condition and I wouldn't dream of removing them lol The cork seal label is probly only 60 percent there on the blue bottle and blackened with no visible writing

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson