What to do about accident?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crozet86

Reaction score
Early this morning my girlfriend and her daughter left to visit family.About an hour and a half ago she called me saying they were headed home and about 10 minutes after that i got another call. They were in a accident about 35 minutes from home.Both of them are ok but my vehicle from what she told me maybe totaled. Her family rushed there to the accident.The problem is the guy has no insurance and she said he was a illegal to the country.So, what do i do now? I am getting a lawyer but that doesnt mean my vehicle will be paid for.The only advice by the police officer was to get a good lawyer and i may even be stuck paying those high fees for nothing. I am just glad and thankful they didnt get hurt . Anyone have any advice as the best route to take in this situation?Forgot to add the guy was charged with reckless driving,no insurance,dead plates and not having a valid green card.He was arrested so i dont know what he is facing now.

ktbi

Reaction score
Eddie..I would contact your insurance company now, today, and let them handle it. They should cover your car but, unfortunately, you will probably end up paying in the long run one way or another. Very sorry to hear about the accident but glad family is OK....Ron

coreya

Reaction score
I learned a long time ago while working as a traffic cop to carry the highest amount of uninsured motorist coverage I could afford. This protects the owner and people in the car from those scumbag lazy irresponsible lowlifes who dont care about anyone else. The uninsured motorist coverage is also Underinsured coverage so if someone only has the minimum coverage you could go after your own company to make up the shortfall. Sadly this wont help now but something to keep in mind

crozet86

Reaction score
Well the girlfriend and step daughter are home safe and i feel much better.I also called my insurance company and to my surprise someone was there.The lady told me not to worry that a adjuster will be out first thing in the morning to look at vehicle and decide its fate.She also said that they would furnish a rental so that is good to.I asked her about who would pay for all this and she said my company would and they would seek the damages from the guy who caused the accident. Like Ron said im sure in the long run i will be the one who ends up paying one way or another. The family is the most important thing to me a vehicle can be replaced they cant so i feel relieved now that they are home safe.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hey Eddie I have a great idea.Make sure the local police took plenty of pictures of him,finger print him,iris scan him brand him like cattle on his back side stating he entered our country illegally,drive his a_s to the border fire three warning shots and tell him you might not want to come back here.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Crozet,
I'm glad everybody is okay. It sounds like your insurance comapny is on it too - which is good.
I don't want to get into politics but it does make you wonder why you wouldn't deport someone illegally living in this country who doesn't bother to get insurance (or even a green card) and damages our citizens.

Nickevlau

Reaction score
We recently went through a terrible ordeal in Minnesota, similar driver hit a school bus http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331989,00.html. Thank Goodness your family is OK! Good Luck!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Crozet,....Jeez! What a thing to have happen...I'm sorry you had all that stress, along with your loved ones,...but if everyone's okay,...Thats great, and hopefully a happy ending to your story,...at least they're standing behind the fate of your car. Joe

Wangan

Reaction score
Eddie,I`m glad the family is alright.Steve,what is a warning shot?I also don`t dial 911.[:D]

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
A warning shot is a shot placed in close proximity to the intended target to let one know you mean business.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR