What to do about accident?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
There are also a lot of US citizen drivers who dont buy auto insurance either. Its one of the many risks of driving.
You will find out how good your insurance company is when they hit you.
I got hit by some Jamaican dude with no insurance years ago. He made up a story and tried to sue me. GEICO told him to get lost. Never heard from him again, didnt cost me anything. I didnt need to hire a lawyer, that what i pay the insurance company for.

crozet86

Reaction score
Met with the insurance adjuster about the vehicle today and still no ruling on whether it will be totaled or not.They are picking it up this afternoon and taking it to a shop of theirs to check it out.But as Matt said Geico has stood by me so far and we have a rental for her to drive for now. So, hopefully everything will work out fine and this will be resolved rather quickly. I did ask whether this would affect my premium and the guy said it wasnt her fault so the policy should stay the same rate which is good.

crozet86

Reaction score
I also want to thank everyone for the well wishes.It was not a good feeling when i got that call yesterday.It was certainly a bad situation that could have been much worse.Again thank you.

Wangan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

A warning shot is a shot placed in close proximity to the intended target to let one know you mean business.

I know what you mean,I was trying to be funny.Now I am serious.My warning shot is considered a miss.If I am going to go that far,I am going to go all the way.

You are welcome crozet86.Its too bad everyone didnt share your feelings about family,then there would be a whole lot less Fatherless and Motherless children in the world.Its one thing to split up but quite another to run away and not care.I have gotten calls of accidents before and it makes your heart sink to your feet.I always think the worst at first.I feel instead of "fight or flight",its some kind of "brace for impact" feeling.I dont have Geico,but thumbs up for them standing behind you.Thats what we pay them all the ins.co.s all that money for!

glass man

Reaction score
WE HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM.NINA WAS INVOLVED IN A HIT AND RUN.THE GUY WAS HISPANIC.AFTER HE HIT NINA HE BACKED UP THREW UP HIS HANDS AND LEFT NINA IN SHOCK AND HUTR.SHE STILL HAD PRESENCE OF MIND AND GOT THE TAG NUMBER.THE POLICE CAME. ONE BEING A CAPTIAN OF POLICE . THEY TOLD NINA SINCE IT WAS A MEXICAN IT WOULD BE OF LITTLE USE IN GOING AFTER HIM ,BECAUSE HE PROBABLY HAD NO INSURENCE...ETC! I AM NOT RACIST..I HAVE MANY MEXICAN NEIGHBORS AND LOVE THEM,BUT TO JUST LET A PERSON GO.....?

LATTER NINA CALLED THE CHIEF OF POLICE,WHO WE KNOW AND ASKED WHAT HAD BEEN DONE.HE WENT AFTER THE PLATES AND FOUND THE NEW TRUCK THAT HAD HIT NINA.THE MAN SAID THE GUY HAD SOLD HIM THE TRUCK AND THE PERSON HAD MOVED BACK TO MEXICO! NOTHING WAS DONE!!WHY COULD THE TRUCK HAD NOT BE TAKEN,EVEN IF THE PERSON HAD SOLD IT?

NINA HAD TO HAVE BACK SURGERY BECAUSE OF IT.OUR INSURENCE HAD TO PAY AND PAID TO GET OUR VAN FIXED AND WE TOO GOT A RENTAL[ALLSTATE INSURENCE WAS GREAT,NOT MANY INSURENCE CO. LIKE THAT ANY MORE]...JUST IS NOT RIGHT THAT THE PERSON WAS NOT RAN DOWN THEN,LOCKED UP AND HIS TRUCK TAKEN AWAY FROM HIM!!

IF I HAD DONE THIS I WOULD BE IN JAIL FOR A LONG TIME,BUT BECAUSE THE PERSON WAS MEXICAN IT WAS "OH WELL"!

THANKFULLY OUR INSURENCE DID NOT GO UP.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! JAMIE

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
I wonder what would have happened if the shoe was on the other foot....say....God forbid your girl hit the Illegal? Then what do you think would happen?....hmmmmm I wonder

crozet86

Reaction score
That is a good point you brought up and now that you did it does make me wonder what would have happened. Hopefully since i did have insurance i wouldnt have had anything to worry about but these days you never know.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1