What were you doing in 2002?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
around 2002 i started getting back into bottles found a dump, i had a 8 year break with a bad drug addiction, i found my first dump in 1977 i was in the 4th grade, and amased a large collection pretty fast, any way the bottle bug AND THIS FORUM, helped me to recover from my addiction, been digging ever since, been clean 15 years bet you werent ready for that.................. mike

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Great commentary on this thread. From all of the beatings, tangled hair, drug use, and coin colecting, things are sure looking up nowadays. I got married in '02 and we had our little guy four days shy of our first anniversary. I proposed to my wife underwater (in the hopes that she would love scuba diving). The whole scuba thing didn't catch on but it is an interesting story which I'll tell in greater detail sometime.

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, Laur. She likes my bottles, and once in a while she'll stop by my dig sites to take a few pics and hang out. I'm still working on getting her to actually dig in a pit [:D].

Mike, Way to go, buddy. It takes a lot to beat a nasty addiction like that. I have three very good friends who have kicked bad drug and/or alcohol problems. That stuff does bad things to good people. Sadly, I had another close friend who lost his battle with alcohol. I like to drink a few (OK, sometimes more than a few) occasionally, but I'm thankful and fortunate that I have never had to deal with an addiction problem. ~Jim

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Different Strokes for different folks..
the kid grew up to be a horrible person..
you meet alot of people in life ..the kid was 14 at the time
I was just bigger then him thats just how it is. .
He ended up moving to a different city stabbed a guy who was a father of 2 .he died
kid got Life
if he wrote me in 20 years after hes thought about what hes done
i might write him back and tell him of the potential i thought he had

.madman.Mike..ive lost a good friend to heroin. ..but never in my life would i look down on you buddy.
people are born amazing .no bump in the road.ever takes that away ..keep on digging

Lobey Rockos Modern Life is so good Where do you stand on Pete&Pete?..or salute your shorts.?

I could see you being very Ed Bighead over your lawn....jk[:)]
Thanks for sharing the Memory

RedGinger Thanks For the concern i act like it all never happened..dudes gone cant hurt anyone else..he was just a loose cannon.. Later JDI-thanks for the abbreviaton lobes

RedGinger

Reaction score
Good for you Madman. When I dig, I forget about problems and it's great exercise. You guys are all so candid. I think it's great. A very positive thread. I've never heard of that kids' show. Thanks for your kindness Lobey. Everyone look under my name![:)]

RedGinger

Reaction score
First pic is what used to be on the menu after a day of digging, or just any old day in New Hampshire[:)]. Second is pretty dark, but me in my kitchen so proud of my screwtops lol. These pics are from 2002 I am pretty sure.

89190810BB364AAEB2BA29D24BD3DBFD.jpg

Attachments

• 89190810BB364AAEB2BA29D24BD3DBFD.jpg
    89190810BB364AAEB2BA29D24BD3DBFD.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 77

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I can relate Mike.I was lost on that crazyyyy road my self but thank god I made it back, and check it out, I'm still kinda sane today[8D] It has been 23 years clean for me,maybe more,I lost track of time.[:D] I have been digging bottles since I was 15,even a few times while I was on the crazy road. In 2002? hmmmmm I was probably planing my next dig [;)]

RedGinger

Reaction score
Congratulations Rick and Mike. That has to take a lot of strength. One day at a time even works for someone like me with an addiction to worrying. [:D] I found this picture of me at my very first digging spot, the beach. It was so exciting at the time! Lost a few pounds since then[:D] Aren't all women a little self- concious? LOL I'm working on it!

FB24E2A7B5D64DCC84A137F33231B376.jpg

Attachments

• FB24E2A7B5D64DCC84A137F33231B376.jpg
    FB24E2A7B5D64DCC84A137F33231B376.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 73

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Just Dig it

on september 11th 2001 i got my face beat in by a racist biker who called a friend of mine an uncool word judged on the color of his skin...the guy went after him i was bigger and took the hit for him..then he started kicking me in my face with a steel toe boot ..i lost a dimple half my sence of taste and my eye wigs out from time to time because he fractured my eye socket and the tip of my temperal pyramid...gave me double vision for 2 months....When the cops came they didnt arrest him even though i was 16 and he was 37..a month later he killed 2 people in a hit and run dui on a nearbye street with a suspended license 4 months later it was 2002...been a little more uphill since [:D]

That cat sounds like another very good candidate for public ritual beating. It's scum like that that give the rest of humanity a bad name.

Dang Madman I never figured, glad you found your way off of the drugs man. Personally I'm still addicted to collecting, whether it's action figures (which I lovely call plastic crack), coins, records, bottles, etc., and now you are too. Welcome to the sickness brother! LOL!

Angelpeace

Reaction score
2002 was a year of firsts for me because of what happened in 2001. I had back surgery in May, and my mother passed away 5 days after 9/11. So, in 2002 I was learning to use a cane for the first time, and I was going through all the first year blues-----first mom's birthday without her, first Mother's Day, first Memorial Day, etc. It was a tough year, we had been close. My family was the kind that got together for everything. Aunts, Uncles, cousins, my mom, my sis, and me and , of course, all our spouses and children. This has been a tradition for us that goes back to my grandparents. They still gather, but 2005 brought about circumstances where I don't go as much, but that's another story.
Thank goodness I had Jamie n 2002. He kept me busy and didn't let me wallow in the depression that seemed to envelope me. We did a lot of walking, talking, and reading during the year. We had a little extra money back then and we would visit neighboring towns' flee markets and antique malls. Occassionally we found a good bargin, and Jamie added a few pieces to his bottle collection, but as I remember it was pieces to his revolving collection that he sells pieces out of all the time at bottle shows. Good idea. This got me started thinking about some of the good old days again. Thanks for the memories.
Peace

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1