What were you doing in 2002?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sweetrelease

Reaction score
lets see ,in 2002 i was a new dad to little mattjr . i quit my job in sales and went into union construction for the money and perks of it[;)]. it was not long after i started that job that i saw the first of many bottles "dug" up. i took everyone home and it started my road to collecting. i have learned so much since then and i am still learning today . ~matt

Angelpeace

Reaction score
Just remembered that 2002 was the year I got my settlement from the car wreck that resulted in my last back surgery. My mom had passed away in September of 2001 and I used part of that settlement money that year to vacation in Savannah for 10 days. Jamie was in better health at that time and we did a lot of flea marketing (looking for bottles and old records.) I think that was the year we traveled the 400 mile yard sale they have in August down here. At the time it stretched from Alabama to Kentucky. Didn't do the whole route, but did travel a big chunck of it. Jamie found some nice bottles, and we bought a bottle of homemade salad dressing that was so good I wish we had bought 10 of them. This was also just shortly after I found out I was diabetic, so that was the year I spent getting used to living with the disease and learning how to control it.
Peace

RedGinger

Reaction score
That sounds like a nice trip Nina, and a good way to relieve the stress! The salad dressing thing sounds just like me! What was your favorite part of Savannah? I'd like to make it there someday. I love Paula Deen from the food network. She has a restaurant there. Glad to hear you got something from your accident. I was too scared of the drunken creep policeman who hit me to pursue my accident.

Angelpeace

Reaction score
I liked the Trolly tour of the city that we took, but I have to say Tybee Island was my favorite part. I just love the ocean! If I get anywhere near it, I have to go, even if it's just for a few hours. Tybee Island holds such wonderful childhood memories for me. We lived in Savannah for a few months when I was three. My dad would take me to the ocean almost every day. I can still remember riding on his back while he swam out. While we were there, I begged Jamie to take one of the nighttime walking ghost tours, but he wouldn't do it. So I wouldn't go trampling through the old cemetaries with him.[:D][:D][:D]
As to the settlement----there wouldn't have been one if it hadn't been for my insurance company. The accident was a hit and run, and even though I got the tag number of the other vehicle, the police didn't persue the matter because the other driver was Hispanic. They told me that he probably didn't have insurance anyway. I really pushed them, and six weeks later the chief of police told me they found the vehicle but it had been sold to someone else and that person said the driver had gone back to Mexico. That wasn't true. I've seen the guy around town several times since then, but every time he sees me, he'll turn around and walk away. My insurance company said that they would cover everything and then sent me money for pain and suffering as well. I wasn't expecting that. Of course I had to sign a paper saying I would testify for the insurance company in case their lawyers decided to persue the police department for not doing their job. Sure was glad they decided not to. If I had had to testify against the police department I wouldn't have been able to walk out the front door without getting pulled over.
I hate it that you didn't get anything out of your accident, but if it's anything like here, the other cops would have just sided with him and you would have ended up at fault.
Peace

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1