I Brake For Bobcats!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share an interesting tidbit from my day. On the way home tonight, on the road right up from our house, I told Joe to slow down. I spotted something about to cross the road. Was it a deer? No, too short. A dog, must be a dog. A Scottie, maybe? But there's two of them! Wait! They're bobcats. They had the stubby tails and pointed ears. They skipped across the road, playfully and disappeared up the embankment into the woods. What a treat! I've never seen a live bobcat in my whole life (until now), and two of them to top it off!

RedGinger

Reaction score
RE: I Break For Bobcats!

Thought I'd add that this is also the same small stretch of road where little Leo was found, and where Joe saw a bear casually hop the guardrail like a bigfoot.

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
RE: I Break For Bobcats!

Laur, that is really special and an experience that you may want to delve into more deeply. Some would say that you were just driving down the road and by coincedence you just happened to see 2 bobcats. I don't believe that anything happens by chance. I believe that they were there to give you a message. If you Google "Bobcat Medicine" there are several things that you can pull up that will give you some more answers and insights as to why you had this experience. I would be interested in hearing what you come up with.

RedGinger

Reaction score
One last thing. Joe had a premonition. I told him to take a shortcut home. He said, "Let take the other way. We might see some critters", along with some other words about backseat drivers. I'm so tired, I title the post, "I Break For Bobcats." Duhhhhhhhh. lol [8|] Goodnight.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Very cool and mysterious Dan! I will go look it up right now. I typed the premonition thing before I saw what you wrote above. We have both had premonitions about seeing bears and wildlife before. I'll get back to ya after I do some googling. Thanks.

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
Laur,
I don't know if you saw this one but you might want to check it out. Kind of interesting, don't you think?
http://www.geocities.com/tammlynn/bobcat.htm

Among other things it says:

The bobcat is sometimes called the wild cat. It has a short, bobbed tail from which it gets its name. It also has tufts of hair on its ears and sideburns. It is often confused with a lynx which is usually grayer and always larger. In fact, the bobcat is sometimes called the red lynx.

If bobcat has come into your life ask yourself these important questions. Are you being too solitary? Do you need to look for new learning opportunities? Are you or those around you being indiscreet? Are you not trusting your inner senses? Are you allowing others' outside appearances to sway you? Whenever bobcat is around, it will teach you that there is true power and strength through silence.

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
It was an initiation for wannabe Clampers.

E. Clampus Vitus was the organization born in the bowels of the California Gold Rush. Misfits who couldn't conceive being members with fellow Masons and Oddfellows. You get the idea.

A two-ton flatbed International Harvester truck long beyond its usefulness was the magic carpet carrying prospective Clampers. Each had a tin cup loosely tied around his neck. The starting point Sierra City. The destination Downieville. The objective: stop at every grog shop en-route and fill the tin cup with 100-proof joy juice.

Before passage could be bought atop the flatbed conveyance, each plebe had to consume his honorific. A Clampout of the most magnanimous design was in the making.

Understand that the distance between these towns is trivial, pehaps 10- or 12-miles' distance. Further understand that there were at least a dozen such establishments en-route. One red-eye rest stop, in particular, stands out.

Just outside Downieville, a brawling broad-shouldered boomer camp in 1850, stood a rag-tag truck oasis priding itself on the volume of liquor sales and its "Bigger than a Bear's Ass Burgers" proffered to unsuspecting tourists in 1972. The luster of ribald chicanery had not been lost during the ensuing years. The proprietor, Willie Upshaw, was an upstanding supporter of E. Clampus Vitus and had the hepatic diseases attesting sound membership. Anticipating the highjinks, Willie placed forth the tears of the sungod, Everclear, 190-proof grain alcohol, for his annointment of the fledglings. Furthermore, he would allow newbie Clampers the opportunity to wrestle with his caged bobcat, Sunshine, to prove their manly prowess and worthiness for membership to such an august organization.

Willie Upshaw's Nightmare Hamburger Stand and Truck Stop was the objective for the few remaining recruits who hadn't fallen off the flatbed along the way.

Yankee Jim Meyers, an idealistic, but judgmentally deprived pledge, thought a romp with Sunshine was in order given his lushness for life. Downing the cup of unadulterated corn squeezins', Yankee Jim entered the cage with the optimism of a booze sodden Goliath against a 70 pound sober feline David.

Sunshine made quick work of Yankee Jim. Despite his weight advantage of 150 pounds, the perturbed wildcat scored blood tattoos all over her hapless opponent's arms and legs. The bout was complete in less than 30 seconds. The victor by unanimous decision was an indifferent Sunshine. She basked in her achievment.

I was not around when our vanquished contestant woke up the next day. I'm sure he didn't immediately wonder at the throbbing pain that wracked his mortal limbs. I question if, in his liquor-sodden brain, he even tried to put together the events leading up to his resemblance to a jigsaw puzzle with a few pieces gone. One thing I'm confident of, however, is that Yankee Jim Meyers never again considered wrangling with a four-legged kitty named Sunshine. The two-legged varieties are much more forgiving, so it seems.

rockbot

Reaction score
Hi Lauren, in Hawaiian legend it is believed that every family has an animal connection called au'makua. Some of the more common examples are sharks, turtle, owl, hawk and dog. We all have this connection but most people are not in tune with theirs.
My family is the Pu'ueo (owl).
It is good when one encounters them.

Aloha, Rocky

glass man

Reaction score
LAUR: LAST I SEEN OF OLE LEO HE WAS GETTING KINDA BIG. WONDER IF YOU SAW HIS PARENTS AND THEY WANTING THEY BOY BACK?[:)]

NEVER SAW A BOB CAT "LIVE" LIKE YOU SAY,BUT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE AROUND HERE. MUSTA BEEN QUITE A SIGHT! COOL![&:] JAMIE

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide