I Brake For Bobcats!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: glass man

LAUR: LAST I SEEN OF OLE LEO HE WAS GETTING KINDA BIG. WONDER IF YOU SAW HIS PARENTS AND THEY WANTING THEY BOY BACK?[:)]

LOL! That's so funny Jamie! It could be! Leo is very wild looking. The only problem is his ten foot long tail!
It was so neat! I don't know if this is my (our totem) or not. How do I know?

I think we'll take a ride and stake out that spot at night. It has a lot of wildlife activity.

glass man

Reaction score
MY BROTHER IN LAW WHO LIVES IN NORTH CAROLINA SAID HE WAS ON HIS WAY HOME FROM A FRIENDS HOUSE AS A KID WHEN HE NOTICED SOMETING MOVING ALONG WITH HIM IN THE WOODS. HE FINALLY GOT A LOOK AT IT AND SAW IT WAS A "BLACK PANTHER"! [NOT THE RADICAL BLACK GROUP FROM THE SIXTIES,IS WHAT THEY ARE CALLED BUT I LOOKED IT UP AND IT SAYS THEY ARE REALLY "COUGARS". DON'T TELL THAT TO THE PRO NORTH CAROLINA FOOTBALL TEAM,ALSO THE MANY,MANY,PEOPLE THAT SWEAR THEY HAVE SEEN THEM IN THAT STATE AS WELL AS OTHER STATES.]

HE SAID HE WAS SCARED ,BUT KNEW TO KEEP COOL AND NOT RUN,CAUSE HE WAS SCARED IF HE DID IT WOULD ATTACK HIM FOR SURE. HE FANALLY GOT HOME AND HIS OLDER BROTHERS WENT OUT WITH GUNS TO TRY AND FIND IT. NO LUCK!
YES PLEASE TAKE PICTURES! JAMIE

RedGinger

Reaction score
Okay, wish me luck Tim and Jamie! I'm going to try to make it back there tonight. I'll see what I can do about a spotlight. I had my camera with me last night, but it was too dark and they were too quick (although they appeared to be in no hurry). This is very unusual for me because where I grew up, we didn't have any of these animals. Since living in NE and here, I have seen coyotes, moose, skunks, raccoons, bear, and now bobcats! Joe saw a large fisher cat at work. Those things are mean!!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I always thought we might have bobcats around here since there is a lot of cliff type habitat along Muddy Creek and the Susquehanna.

Since it's deer season in parts of PA (black powder?) be careful with the spotlight (don't be carrying)

Just Dig it

Reaction score
I once came back to a Bobcat in my Campsite in boyscouts..He/she had eaten my swedish fish..i lived to see another day..Beautiful cats..Maine coon cats are insane also...I Once met a very angry fisher cat..it looked like a pokemon

madman

Reaction score
het lauren nice story it would have been a great experiance! wow

lepew62

Reaction score
The Best I can come up with in the wild animal category is this. As you all know I fish the Miami river here in Ohio regularly. I have seen beaver sign before such as gnawed and fallen trees. I was fishing last week when I noticed a wake heading up stream. I assumed it was a large fish, a carp, catfish, or hopefully a northern pike. As it passed by in the shallow water I figured out it was a beaver. I never realized they grew so large. I would guess it was 3ish ft long, maybe weighing 30 lbs or more. It was much more brown colored than I thought it would be. It is hard for people not to laugh when you admit to seeing your first wild beaver [:D].

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Believe it or not they can get up to 85 lbs. (Beavers) NOT kidding,...5 or 6 years back me and a couple of friends on impulse threw the canoe in our local river,.....it was a first warm spring day w/ snowmelt happening fast,...it was a 4 hour float to the next bridge...all junglish oxbow flats and meanders w/ rising water. All the critters were out sunning themselves, racoons out on limbs, etc....even saw a pair of giant tagged geese/swans that had yellow tags on them....They were huge,... white with black bills....The book said tundra swans? anyhow later in the trip before the old closed iron truss bridge, another channel enters the creek...at that junction on a big flat rock was a monsterous reddish black beaver...(now I mean what the oldtimers called a "blanket beaver") ...at least 75 lbs. and just watching us. It eventually slipped into the water and swam away. We get beaver from time to time trying to occupy our little spring run creek out in our back 40.....you wouldn't believe how fast and serious they rebuild a dam....overnight sometimes to epic proportions....the ones we get out back a probably about the size of the one you saw....I've also read and been told that they can be vr. aggressive and hostile when encountered on land... Joe

P.S. here's a pic I found on google images..

Attachments

• 323C1F88C9FC43A3934C1F63F8C43ADB.jpg
    323C1F88C9FC43A3934C1F63F8C43ADB.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 49

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter