A casualty

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
It's a sad day. One of my best Sacramento dose glasses dropped into the sink and busted all to hell a few minutes ago. Not me, the housekeeper. Now, I need another Willis and Ray glass, one that could take a long time to replace. Aaarrgh!

ktbi

Reaction score
Truly sorry to hear that Mike...the sink claimed one of my favorite sauce bottles, and unfortunately, it was my fault [:mad:].

Ron

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Ron, all of mine are sitting on top of an antique Sacramento advertising medicine cabinet and are not puttied down. She brushed against it with her duster and I heard the "tinkle". When I walked in she was in tears, so what could I say. Another will show up soon enough. It wasn't my rarest by any means, but losing just one hurts. It is the first broken item in many decades.

texasdigger

Reaction score
I once had someone messing around with my keeper cabinet with out me knowing, and disaster struck. One ten inch amber Morley's Drugstore Austin Texas, One rare green early Houston drug store, another rare aqua green Fort Worth druggist and one amber Shreveport Louisiana drug store all fell pray to the interloper! It was one sick sick sick feeling when I found out about it. I am just glad that some of the other did not bite the dust. My best colored druggist missed a fast death by inches. I would rather someone wreck my car than bust up my good bottles. I can buy a new car, but some of these bottles are impossible to replace.

Sorry for you troubles Cal. Maybe it will come back to you in a good dig.

Brad

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
The collection has been sitting on top of this bathroom cabinet for years, without incident. You just never know, though, when disaster will strike. Nothing in our home is puttied down, so all items are free to move and be cleaned, a constant practice. Dust is inevitable in this tree lined neighborhood, and it is not my friend.
Dosecabinet.jpg

Stardust

Reaction score
I think we all cringe when we hear that sound of the crash. I always try to think what can I make with the broken pieces. Sorry for your loss. I broke something yesterday and thought how come my kids 3 and 5 can play with my bottles and nothing will break? It's because they are carefree, sure of themselves and we are nervous that they will break. Their parents have broken more glass in my house, not the kids. lol!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology