All Out bottle warfare is coming soon!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
In recent weeks I have seen better made and more varietys of early American glass that has been copied and are starting to saturate the market on eBay and last year I was fooled by canyadigits dark half post cologne bottle,the give away on his which I finally realized was the perfect squaredness of the bottle.Jeff Wichman of American Bottle auctions was fooled by the big loaf of bread half post bottle.Now another one has come to light,the give away on this one is the mouth done hurriedly and is sloppy looking.The color is off also as I am not awhere of any Mid-West glass looking this color.I have been personaly solicited with emails (and I dont know how they got my address) from people trying to sell me half post bottles.I am afraid we are seeing the beginning of fake bottlegeddon infiltrating our hobby.Stay with the known sellers and bottles for now.I will add to this post all of the different types that are circulating now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/15-Antique-Cobalt-Blue-Utility-Swirl-Demijohn-Bottle-/150510366207?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230b1dedff

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
I dont think there was any argument as to whether or not its fake. Its just the fact that they are showing up in greater numbers.

bne74honda

Reaction score
Geez....I thought I wasn't all that smart when it came to identifying fakery in glass, but I was looking at just that bottle and thought it seemed off. All I can say is thanks to this site for my education!! Problem with this crap is there are so many folks out there who don't know better and even more who don't care. Too bad we couldn't put a link to this site on eBay to thwart these crap dealers.

Brian

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
With how the Bay works, we would probably be the bad guys..............and the crap peddlers the good guys......

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger