Rest in Peace, Ron (bearswede)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
RE: Rest in Peace, Ron

I am saddened greatly at this news. Ron and I used to communicate quite a bit. Bought and sold a few bottles with each other and he always loved to talk Archaeology with me. He use to get so mad when people would slam archies. He was a fine fellow and will be greatly missed. God speed Swede.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score

Quite a shock isn't it Kelly. It makes me wonder about a lot of folk. Thanks for checking in, you were among them.

sweetrelease

Reaction score

very sad to hear this today... i have talked to ron over emails about bottles and he always would go on and on ;-) truly loved his glass.. i stole this quote from one of his post, it shows how much he liked it on this board !
"All good? Surely it can't have been all good... LOL...

But thanks all for your kind words and I'm pleased you like my little display... It feels good to be back among my friends!!!

Ron " (bearswede)
Gonna miss you bud... god speed ron ! ~matt

"I LOVE Wolfies!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score

Thanks for the thought Eric, I will try not to make such a stranger of myself.

peejrey

Reaction score

Although I did not know him much, I too have lost many friends and family members over the last year. From what people have said he sounds like a great digger, and all-round well guy!
Although he will be missed, we will always keep him in our hearts!
Rest in Peace good friend........-Preston

southern Maine diver

Reaction score

Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water!!!!

I am sitting here shaking my head... I learned of Ron's death while following the post on Lobey's passing. There are no words to express the true sadness I feel. Bear was such a great, kind, enjoyable, genuine person, lover of the glass hobby and of all who frequented this forum.

Having been caught up in life and the curve balls that have been thrown, I had become consumed by what had been going on in my own world, not checking in... not talking to anyone... not sharing, collecting, digging or diving much for bottles. Just working, trying to pay the bills, taking care of our grandson... just trying to get by.

I am so sorry for neglecting the forum, the members... the special people who have made this site the best. I have truly missed it and now I find that two prominent members have fallen from our ranks. Much too sad... tough to fathom...
The group photo at the top of this post, was one I will always remember, with "Obi-Wan-Capsoda" coming up from Alabama to stay with us and go to the bottle show in Somersworth, NH. What a great time we all had.

I am making a pledge to come back on a more regular basis... spend some quality time on the forum! Kid around again, poke fun at some things, make some rude, crude and socially unacceptable comments (tastefully done of course!) Enough sadness... let's get this forum back to (or somewhere close to) what it used to be. Fun, family, friends, finds and our passion for the glass. Let's take the politics out of the hobby and strive to be a happier, more friendly, more understanding, supportive group of bottle nuts! I am sorry that I have missed so much...

Bear, this ones for you! A toast... to your love of life, your honesty, your dedication... your passion, wisdom and your big, bearded smile. We will miss you... always
Wayne

2BED006AC21C4605A4BF4D97E0218F86.jpg

Attachments

• 2BED006AC21C4605A4BF4D97E0218F86.jpg
    2BED006AC21C4605A4BF4D97E0218F86.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 72

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score

Well said Wayne. I just read about Lobes and the Bear passing..... Shocked really. They will be missed for sure. Jim

RedGinger

Reaction score

I think it was December of last year when Ron passed. It's still hard to think about him and Lobey, but we still have some great people here.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score

Hey Taz, nice to see a post from ya buddie! [:D] Kelley

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler