Rest in Peace, Ron (bearswede)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
RE: Rest in Peace, Ron

Wow, this is sad. Ron was a great guy. I dug a Bear's oil bottle several years ago. When Ron told me that it was a variation that he did not have, I sent it to him for his "Bear" collection. A week or two later, I received the most delicious bottle of New England maple syrup in the mail from Mr. Swede to return the favor. I decided to hang onto the bottle after it was empty since it was kind of cool and you can't buy the stuff here. Man, am I glad I did now.

Ron enjoyed our great hobby with a passion, and was a friend to everyone here who knew him. Rest in peace, buddy. You will be sorely missed, but never forgotten. ~Jim

RedGinger

Reaction score

That was so nice of everyone who sent him bottles. I know how much it has meant to me, when my friends have done that. That picture of him with his grandkids made me tear up. My grandfather's birthday is this Friday, so I guess this has hit me harder than I thought it would. It still doesn't seem real. Some people come into your heart and you didn't really realize it, you just knew they were top-notch.

RedGinger

Reaction score

This is from Ron's page. I don't know if he wrote it, or not. It's really beautiful and poignant. Seems as though he may be the author, as it talks about the excavated shards, etc. Read it, and then read it again.

Rodin: What the Thinker Thought

I’m sitting on Bear Mountain
Listening to the singing sawmill
Perched on the edge of Bennett Meadow

The song cuts thru the wind
Whipping bare-bone trees
Into some devil dance

It is the Ides of March
And lions roam the streets
Of my fragile memories

It is dusty here - the dust thrown up
From the Circus Maximus
From the crazed buzz saws
From the excavated shards of my past

Will I endure beyond the dim view of tomorrow
When the lions cease their roar
And songs and wind and longing
Are no more...

tigue710

Reaction score

Ron will be and already has been missed, I noticed he dropped off posting a few years ago, and I know he was selling a lot of bottles on eBay... At the time too... I'm sure gonna miss his him...

even the little that I knew him was a whole lot in my life...

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine

This is a real sad thing. I met him only once, but thats all it took to tell he was an especially nice guy. I knew his online persona much more, and he really never had a bad thing to say. And as I read the comments here, it sounds like no one could have a bad word to say about him. And that says a lot.
RIP

Stardust

Reaction score

May Ron rest in peace....I'm all chocked up looking at that pic with him and his grandchildren. I hope his family find comfort and support knowing how much he was loved here.
star

JustGlass

Reaction score

This is very sad news. Ron was the greatest and I will miss him dearly. My prayers go out to Ron's family.

GuntherHess

Reaction score

Ron was a cool dude. He joined the forum almost the same time I did. Hope he was able to take a few bottles with him[;)]

Digswithstick

Reaction score

Condolences to the family,may the pain of his passing be softened by the responses received . With the advent of the internet ,a record of our very existence remains in cyber space (and Antique Bottles Forum when you are a collector of glass) ),for all to see .
Know that you will missed but not forgotten . [:)]

Poison_Us

Reaction score

Oh no! Saddens me to hear this...I wondered why we havn't heard anything from him in such a long time.... Hope he has all his dream bottles now and forever. God speed, Ron.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvergatal