Rest in Peace, Ron (bearswede)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
RE: Rest in Peace, Ron

WHen Jamie started this thread, he wanted to wish a dear friend a great birthday. Since hearing the news, both he and I have been in a state of shock. Though we never met, Jamie and I both felt he was a kindred spirit. As with all we have met on here, Ron was a special friend to us. We mourn his passing, but rejoice that any pain he may have been in is now behind him. RIP gentle spirit.

annie44

Reaction score

I am really shocked and so sad to hear that Ron died. I consider him one of my first "mentors" in this hobby as he was so kind when I first joined the forum and was asking a lot of newcomer questions. We tended to like the same type bottles, and bought, sold, and "gifted" to one another. We also talked about family and other topics outside of the hobby.

I am so sorry that I am only now hearing of this as I would have liked to send a timely condolence card to his wife.

When I think of Ron I think of Wolfies, of course, broad arrow admiralty poisons, some nice black glass, mineral waters, a particularly awesome Townsend's that he once owned, and lots of other great bottles!!!

RedGinger

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: annie44

I am so sorry that I am only now hearing of this as I would have liked to send a timely condolence card to his wife.

When I think of Ron I think of Wolfies, of course, broad arrow admiralty poisons, some nice black glass, mineral waters, a particularly awesome Townsend's that he once owned, and lots of other great bottles!!!

Me too. He always had something funny to say, and had a big heart. He loved animals, like I do, and was just a good person. Every time I'd see his name pop up on FB, I hoped he was well and happy. Now we know we never have to worry about that, as he is at rest and not in any pain.

RedGinger

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Bear hugs to all of you who feel the loss..!

That made me feel better to read, Charlie. Thanks.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)

I'm sure every member who knew Bear was very fond of him too.

Sure hate to contemplate Bear's demise[:eek:].... He was part of the early 'scene' here when I joined up, and I used to stare at his great bottles with fascination...I remember laughing outloud reading his and lobey's exchanges...[;)] Just a measure of how time gets by us all. R.I.P. Bear...

swizzle

Reaction score

RIP Ron. May heaven be full of rare pontils and loving family and friends. From the kind words I've read so far I wish I could have met you in person. May peace be with you for always and ever. Swiz

Steve/sewell

Reaction score

I remember him being on here often a couple of years a go,I used to enjoy hearing from him and Capsoda.He did have a heck of a collection of glass as I recall.I hope he can take the collection with him in spirit which I am sure he did .Rest in peace God bless your family and your friends here at the forum who cared a great deal about you.I am sure all of us will meet again one day in the after life. Take care Bear remember bears hiberate and eventually wake again.I think he has woken up the forum again with his spirit.Again to the family my sincere condolences. Steve Atkinson

madpaddla

Reaction score

R.I.P Ron. A mentor, friend and lover of the crude glass. Had many exchanges over the years and he enjoyed his life. Got a bottle years ago from him, nice to look at on a day like today. Just a real special guy. Gonna miss ya Bear, thanks for touching so many of us.

cobaltbot

Reaction score

Ron will be surely be missed, I hope there's Wolfies in heaven...

D1BA60F7AF8B408C9D15892AE4629797.jpg

Attachments

• D1BA60F7AF8B408C9D15892AE4629797.jpg
    D1BA60F7AF8B408C9D15892AE4629797.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 72

RED Matthews

Reaction score

Well, we all face the reality of life and death. I am sorry we didn't know about this man's passing sooner. Even though we couldn't do anymore that we can now - but I had missed contact with him and didn't even think of this reality. It is something we need to explain to someone in our family - to handle the passing when we go. When we get old enough, we have to face each day with a different evaluation of what we can hope to accomplish.
Rest In Peace Ron Enjoy where you are now. RED Matthews

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28