two nice VT pontils on the bay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[8D] Yeah, If you are gonna pay $5k for a bottle its kinda nice to be able to hold it in your hand and see it up close and personal first, dontcha think!!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I've never dropped over $600 on ebay, but the same can be said about most all my other bottles whether bought in person or otherwise.

Jim G

ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

[8D] Yeah, If you are gonna pay $5k for a bottle its kinda nice to be able to hold it in your hand and see it up close and personal first, dontcha think!!

justanolddigger

Reaction score
The more you spend, the more you have to know the dealer & his reputation. As you said Jim, "I figure there's a certain amount of caveat emptor involved with something I don't have in my hand". I tend to gamble a lot on ebay, have had good success, but don't complain when I get a burned a little either. I do have threshholds of how much I am willing to gamble also, and it had better be a great deal if all goes well. If I am going to spend a lot of money without holding it, it will be somebody like Jeff, John Pastor, Mike George, or Norm. You may pay a little more, but I have never had a bottle that didn't exceed expectations from them. There are others who I have had great success with, but I think these guys are the best of the best. With all the drama of this guy, it would have to be a fantastic bargain for me to chance it, I would be a little scared now if there was a problem. I guess that is the bottom line, anyone can sell perfect bottles, but how do you respond to conflicts?.....Bill

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
ANYONE who sells is eventually going to make a mistake.
That's when you find out what kind of person they are.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Well said, and definitely says something about the situation with these pulled bottles.

I bought an ink once and it came through with a large crack in the back panel that didn't show in pics. I don't know if it happened in transit or what, but the seller refunded as soon as I sent it back, no questions. Stuff happens, and good sellers are prepared to sort it out without drama. Of course, I'm sure there are good and bad buyers as well...

Jim G

ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

ANYONE who sells is eventually going to make a mistake.
That's when you find out what kind of person they are.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
yea with even more auction drama.
Someone really smacked the heck out of that Greer Spooners, sad to see.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese