two nice VT pontils on the bay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I Newton's Panacea

http://www.ebay.com/itm/I-NEWTONS-PANACEA-PURIFIER-OF-THE-BLOOD-NORWICH-VT-Yellow-Olive-Amber-/180945856414?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2136a79e

Smith's Green Mountain Renovator

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMITHS-GREEN-MOUNTAIN-RENOVATOR-EAST-GEORGIA-VT-YELLOW-AMBER-PONTIL-/180945885612?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a213719ac

Fairly low feedback for a bottle retailer, and a long, odd rebuttal over a repaired bubble in a piece of glass. Anyone from the forums?

In any event, two of the absolute best VT cures out there. You see a few of the renovators around, you almost never see the I newton.

Jim G

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
They have some nice stuff but drama in listings always makes me nervous as a buyer.
I look for a plain and simple like it or return it policy, that's what I always offer when I sell.
Each to their own I guess.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Some tough ones for sure. Matt what do you think of that L E Doyen? I'm lovin' the color of that Carter's myself [;)]

~Tim

justanolddigger

Reaction score
drama in listings

Boy, I guess that is some drama there. Plus his story just makes him look worse in every respect. I think this is Randy Driscoll's son. I think if you are dealing in high end bottles like this, you do need a blacklight to detect repairs. It is obvious the buyer is used to this, I think the seller is entirely at fault here. If I spent $3400 on a bottle and found it had a resin repair, I would consider that very significant, on the other hand, if I accidentally sold such a bottle & found it had been repaired, I would be devastated & would do ANYTHING to make it right. I feel it also casts doubt on the seller, maybe he knew of the repair? He "doth protest too much, methinks". Sure would make me skittish to deal with them....Bill

bottlekid76

Reaction score
From ebay:

The listing was removed because the item appears to have been listed without the account holder's permission. At this time, we're restoring the account to its original owner. You're no longer obligated to pay for the item.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
It looks like the guy he was complaining about (yepitsnice) turned him in because of the feedback followup he left

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=buybuy4now&ftab=AllFeedback

Should have just kept his mouth shut, too much drama....Bill

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Pity for all the drama. He's had some really nice bottles, and I had fallen solidly in love with those two... But what a bunch of drama. He sold a bottle that had been repaired, and he didn't catch it. I would have cried foul over that one myself, and I'm not one to complain about ebay purchases, I figure there's a certain amount of caveat emptor involved with something I don't have in my hand. I would imagine that buyers are very picky about $5K items, probably more than $5 items...

Jim G

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler