What is this copper thing?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi Rick, I sent you a couple PM's and came back here to tell you that the style of the bottom could have fit in between two wooden guides on the floor of a buggy or a sled, and if placed under a blanket it would make a good warmer for the passengers. I have three other types of buggy warmers in my collection now - but none are made of copper. RED Matthews

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RED Matthews

Hi Rick, I sent you a couple PM's and came back here to tell you that the style of the bottom could have fit in between two wooden guides on the floor of a buggy or a sled, and if placed under a blanket it would make a good warmer for the passengers. I have three other types of buggy warmers in my collection now - but none are made of copper. RED Matthews
That does make some sense. Maybe RR too. Copper is a great heat conductor.

carling

Reaction score
Red,

I sent you a reply to your emails a couple days ago, so you may want to check your spam folder.

Rick

fofa

Reaction score
Oh heck, I'll give my 2 cents! My first thought was a portable coal holder for heating. Spoon the red hot coals in and I bet it would add some warmth anywhere it was placed. Under a desk while sitting etc. It's a lovely piece!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: fofa

Oh heck, I'll give my 2 cents! My first thought was a portable coal holder for heating. Spoon the red hot coals in and I bet it would add some warmth anywhere it was placed. Under a desk while sitting etc. It's a lovely piece!
So you came to a Bottle Forum and your 1st post is regarding a copper urn, color me dubious if you don't turn out to be spammer...[8|]

Latest posts

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen