THE CRESCENT CITY CONNECTION A STORY I WROTE ABOUT 2 FRIENDS FROM NEW ORLEANS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Thanks for the story Rick. Excellent job. Sounds like you have a great relationship with these guys. Its amazing how you can make friends with people many miles away just by using the internet. I had a great interest in the read because I'm only about 250 miles from the Big Easy, living in north Louisiana. I've read other storis about diggers from New Orleans and it may have been these guys. I really appreciate you taking the time and trouble to share this story with the rest of us. (I also visit your website time to time to read your latest additions). Thanks again - B. A.

2find4me

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, I always liked your stories.

goodman1966

Reaction score
Let me just say this, if you put all your stories in book form I'd been first in line for a copy! Great read !!!!!!!
Mitch

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
John Pastor told me there is 1 READER who is complaining about the part of the story where the guys were taking the stuff out to the car because the home owner was coming out and taking every good bottle they dug. I'm sorry but if WE get permission to dig a privy we are doing ALL of he work not the home owner. Granted it is his house but that is just pure greed.The READER is saying that situations like that give privy diggers a bad name? I disagree. The home owner was an idiot. You get that once in a while. No communication, just TAKE AND RUN. On the flip side John said the "positive comments about the story" out weigh the negative 100 to 1. YOUR THOUGHTS?

nhpharm

Reaction score
I disagree as well. I have an investment in shovels, probes, gas, sweat, etc. I am doing the work. I am very much open to the homeowner getting some bottles out of the mix (as well as a yard cleanup or some other help) but there is a point where it crosses the line and you do what you have to do. We bring some slightly damaged bottles (or some common local bottles) with us on our digs and give those to homeowners as well who show an interest...that typically works very well because the bottle are already cleaned and a lot of people don't like cleaning bottles. On many of my digs, we take anything good to the truck immediately because sometimes homeowners have a change of heart in the middle of the dig. When I was a kid, a friend of mine let me dig their little farm dump. I started digging up some pretty neat stuff and my friend's mom kept having her son put all the bottles in a bucket and bring them back to the house. When I saw what was happening I just gave up...that dump has not been dug to this day!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
John Pastor said he was going to post the guys negative comments along with the positive comments about the story in an up coming issue.

bottlerocket

Reaction score
Great story Rick. I like your site also. You have a FB page?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler