E.G. Booz

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rfellmanjr

Reaction score
I met an elderly man Saturday who told me his great grandfather started the EG Booz Co and he didn't have a bottle. I looked on ebay and there are many bottles. I am guess that they are very common? Some of them seem very inexpensive..What should I look for if I want to buy a bottle for him ? thanx

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
The ones you are seeing are probably all the cheap reproductions, there are many of them. An original in good condition will usually run $1k plus.What's your budget? There are a few decent looking repros that can be had for $75 or so depending on current market.

rfellmanjr

Reaction score
thanx.... I was going to buy one for the guy but not at $1k. I saw some on ebay $500 +-.... I think I will keep digging!!!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Go with an amber 1930's Clevenger as the most authentic and even those have gone up considerably in the past 5 years. The Aqua (at about $500 shipped currently) I think was made by Dell that bought the mold from Clevenger and is way overpriced. Most of the wild colors you can find at fleas for a few to $10. Personally I kind of like the Mr. Boston bottles even with the "federal law forbids..." statement. I think they are a decent enough representation for cheap (comparatively).

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I have a few of them, and I know that some of the Clevenger Brothers repros have there initials under the doors. "/ C, " and "/ B ". I also know that Smith Brothers made some for the Wall Colmonoy Company for their sales people to pass around. They look great on a shelf in a window.I didn't put big bucks into mine - that doesn't float my boat - They just look good to me.RED Matthews

Latest posts

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese