History or Bureaucracy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
RE: History or Bureaucracy

I wish Heritage Victoria would realise they should be interested in human behavior etc. that way they could sit in our public records office and library's and leave the sites to the diggers [;)] .
As I've said before western/modern history has been recorded from the first settlers here, there is great scope for Archeologists if we could find where the few people landed in the few hundred years before Cook or if the Chinese who left 10th century artifacts off the coast of WA landed there is another site Archeologists need to study.
BUT they continue to try to keep bottle diggers off 1850's to 1900's sites that they are never going to get funding for anyhow when we would be happy to record the contents of the holes for them on the guarantee we could keep our finds with no record of who owns what.

capsoda

Reaction score

If an archeologist wants to watch me dig around in some old trash dump or S*#t hole, fine. Just don't tell me I am destroying some site of great archeological importance. People live as they have for thousands of years, they eat, sleep, work, love, drink and die. We just have more machines to do it with.
Behavior patterns of humans are the same as they were since the beginning, shelter, food companionship and he has more than me so I'll kill his ass and take his.
If I want to know how people lived 200 years ago I can pick up a book . They wrote it all down. Now if I want to know how people lived 10,000 years ago I'll ask an archeologist.

Its not the hole of archeology just like its not the hole of bottle digging, diving and collecting, its the few who screw it all up.

It may seem that I have over simplified it but if you think about it long enough you will see that it is. When people see a person digging for bottles why do they assume he's destroying something or stealing something. Mostly they want it for themself. I have had local historical preservationists and archeologists to start picking up my finds and trying to take them saying "What are you doing, your trespassing" while I was on a permission dig on private property.

I won't ramble any more. Just remember, Don't complain when I dig in old prives and dumps and I won't complain while you dig up my ancestors who were here for thousands off years before The Europeans came over.

washingtonstatedigger

Reaction score

Okay whether this was a good post or not is irrelevant to me, after I saw the picture of George Bush at the bottom. Come on do you liberals have to blame Bush for everything? Next thing you knopw you`ll be cursing him if the next bottle you dig up isnt pontilled. I mean I get your point but dont make it look like its one mans fault, or that this hasnt been going on for a long time now!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score

Hey Chris in S Jersey...

Did you happen to catch the thread "need help indetifying bottle type" posted on 12-02-05 by Lacyc???[8|]

By the way, I'm originally from Patterson, NJ... grew up in Lake Hiawatha, Pine Brook, Parsippany area[;)]

Wayne

Its_Me_Chris

Reaction score

Okay whether this was a good post or not is irrelevant to me, after I saw the picture of George Bush at the bottom. Come on do you liberals have to blame Bush for everything? Next thing you knopw you`ll be cursing him if the next bottle you dig up isnt pontilled. I mean I get your point but dont make it look like its one mans fault, or that this hasnt been going on for a long time now!
Wahingtonstatedigger. Before this becomes a huge political war, I will clarify my reason for using GWB's picture in the intial post. I was refering to eminent domain which I have outlined using some quotes below. Personaly I am neither for, nor against our President!!!

Joseph Farah
When White House press secretary Scott McClellan was repeatedly asked for the president's reaction to the shocking 5-4 decision by the Supreme Court blessing the government seizure of private homes and businesses for any and every reason, the spokesman did what he does for a living – dodge.
It may have been disappointing to many of George W. Bush's most ardent supporters that the president would not even criticize what some are calling the death of private property in America.
The president has a moral and legal obligation to judge the constitutionality of actions of government – all three branches of government. Presidents have been criticizing courts since the country was founded. It's normal. It's healthy. It's appropriate.

No, I suspect there's another reason Bush was holding back.

Could it be that Bush is badly compromised on this issue of eminent domain? Could it be he made his fortune by using government to seize the property of little guys? Is it possible that Bush has personally benefited from government acts of this kind?

Let's recall how Bush first emerged as a public figure.

He was an investor and eventually managing general partner of the Texas Rangers baseball team.

From an investment of $600,000, he saw a return of 2,500 percent. That makes Hillary Clinton's Cattlegate deal look like chicken feed by comparison. How did he do it?

Through a clever public-relations campaign and political connections, he and his partners persuaded a city and the state to subsidize directly a facility for their private business. But that was just the beginning.

Not content with taxpayer subsidies, he and his fellow owners successfully used the power of government to take land from other private citizens – via eminent domain – so it could be used for their own private purposes. Sound familiar?

But it gets worse. Litigation over the ballpark deal revealed documents showing that, beginning in 1990, the Texas Rangers' management – which included Bush as a managing general partner – conspired to use the government's power of eminent domain to further its private business interests.

And that's why you won't ever hear Bush criticize the use of government seizure of private property for private use.

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2