12 sided cobalt Depression (2 privy digs)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Dave"Badger" and Iwent out today to open up 2 privy's. I probed these out before the frozen ground hit.
As I always say, its all about the good times for me, not to haul in a crap load of bottles,even though thats nice once in a while.
We didn't have to worry about the crap load of glass to day [:D]
I didn't have to many things to take still pix of,so check out the short youtube flick you will get the picture [8D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJztGGoEOWw

LC

Reaction score
I was pulling for you guys Rick , when you popped that cobalt , I got all cranked up ! .
I only got to dig one privy and that was back in the seventies . Actually it was only about a foot and a half of the privy at the bottom , a blasted dozer had dug the rest of it off and it was hauled off to another spot . We did manage to get a few bottles out of it and had it been all there I believe it would have produced a lot of bottles . I dug about ten sodas out of it . Only one was whole, a twelve paneled pontiled soda from Cincinnati . We also got a few pontiled medicines and a heavy pontiled unembossed whiskey , or at least that what I think it was . That was the most exciting digging I was ever able to come up with , dug a lot of 1880 stuff , but never another pontiled dig . I always envy you guys being able to probe and dig those privies , even the ones where you come up empty . I hope you continue the post your digs as you do in the coming future , thanks for the look sees .

KBbottles

Reaction score
:(. Badger man i could tell by the look of ur face in the video how upsetting it was finding that!

What was the embossing anyway? Was that a pontil too?

Hey, regardless its nice to see u guys digging in this weather. Ive had a severe case of cabin fever and hope to get out soon.

My new years resolution... Pop my privy diggin cherry!

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey kb the badger here,nice to hear from you bud.yes i wanted that bottle to be whole so bad and when i first saw it i really thought it was and it even felt whole.the older sodas do have a little weight to them.it says PREMIUM MINERAL WATERS, SEITZ & BRO. EASTON,PA. AND ITS IRON PONTILED. one of these days we gotta get back out there. BADGER

KBbottles

Reaction score
Oh man thats crazy! Yes definitely. Once this snow melts too, i have some land to scout for potential farm dumps. I think there may be some more big ones in my area.

I do have a couple people i may ask to search and dig privy on their properties too in the spring so this could b something to work on together.

Stay in touch!

KB

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Spring! >? Winter is the time to knock on doors.they may think your cRazy [8D]but they will also know your serious about your hobby
Also no one uses their yard much in the winter.what a better time to dig it up------>

appliedlips

Reaction score
What a bummer, we have been hitting a site hard despite the miserable weather and the pits aren't giving much up. More rocks and bricks than glass. The location is about as good as a digger could hope for so although a couple guys are giving up on it, I'll keep plugging away. Just getting the duds out of the way, I always tell myself to continue the insanity.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: appliedlips

What a bummer, we have been hitting a site hard despite the miserable weather and the pits aren't giving much up. More rocks and bricks than glass. The location is about as good as a digger could hope for so although a couple guys are giving up on it, I'll keep plugging away. Just getting the duds out of the way, I always tell myself to continue the insanity.

Thats the same way I feel about it Doug. sooner or later we will be forgetting about the duds and then the insanity cycle starts all over again [8D]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem