2010 SECRET SANTA: SIGN UP HERE!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Thats an impressive number there Charlie, and maybe I`m wayyyy out of line by even mentioning it, but there seems to be a few members who don`t seem to be on the list.Seems to me that we are missing a few members from the West and the East.I know we have some esteemed members with PHD`s in glass, but.....Come on now, what about the BIG SHOTS on here??? Don`t they not have a humble bottle to exchange???They can give their HUMBLE opinion when it matters, or when they want to sell a bottle, but a simple exchange??If your a member here, it seems to me, you can share your elite status ALL of the time!! Not oonly when we need an OPINION on NEW ENGLAND glass or WESTERN GLASS! You know who you are, fellow members!!Come on now, you certainly have a bottle or two that isn`t worth TWO THOUSAND dollars.Your not tooo important to take a few minutes of your time to exchange a common Cornicopia or Eagle flask are you?If you take offense to this post then you know who you are.If not, then, your just vain.EVERY MEMBER should consider this exchange..If you post on this site, then your good enough for the exchange...[:(]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
In all fairness, I must remind us that there's still 6 days to enter in.. and some of us like to make a dramatic entrance.. [;)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottle_head9

Thats an impressive number there Charlie, and maybe I`m wayyyy out of line by even mentioning it, but there seems to be a few members who don`t seem to be on the list.Seems to me that we are missing a few members from the West and the East.I know we have some esteemed members with PHD`s in glass, but.....Come on now, what about the BIG SHOTS on here??? Don`t they not have a humble bottle to exchange???They can give their HUMBLE opinion when it matters, or when they want to sell a bottle, but a simple exchange??If your a member here, it seems to me, you can share your elite status ALL of the time!! Not oonly when we need an OPINION on NEW ENGLAND glass or WESTERN GLASS! You know who you are, fellow members!!Come on now, you certainly have a bottle or two that isn`t worth TWO THOUSAND dollars.Your not tooo important to take a few minutes of your time to exchange a common Cornicopia or Eagle flask are you?If you take offense to this post then you know who you are.If not, then, your just vain.EVERY MEMBER should consider this exchange..If you post on this site, then your good enough for the exchange...[:(]

YOU KNOW WHERE THERE IS A BOB KARACHET THERE IS A SCROOGE [:D]
I know Karachet is spelled wrong .but do I care?Nope :)

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Your right Rick, there is always someone who thinks they are better than us.All I can say is, I`m giving an EXTRA special bottle this year.It might not be Stoddard or San Franciscan, but it will be a GOOD one..!!!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
With the utmost sincerity, I beg of you all to think positively about this! Now is not the time for recrimination.. the time for that is when someone tries to sell us a ghost in a bottle, apparently.
This is just one way for some of us to demonstrate our forum friendship in a group participation of giving to each other. All are welcome to join in, and all are welcome to think about joining in until Friday.. even I didn't decide if I will be in the mix yet! Nobody should feel obligated.. it's just for fun.
Lobeycat, where art thou? Only you can explain this the right way!!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
I agree it's by free choice,...but I have to agree with Tom,...It would be really cool to see the upper echelons sign up....[&:] HOWEVER...I'm just glad to have a chance to do it... I'm picking out something really cool...to give. That;s the fun of it for me,...is the giving.[:D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
From where I stand, I see at least 36 top eschelonnies..or 36 rapscallions.. hmm

cyberdigger

Reaction score
..would somebody take over this operation for me? I don't want to do this any more.. does that surprise you? It should, because I am being totally sarcastic and take great relish in performing this service for all of you. I never thought about the notion that some members here are expected to partake, it all seems quite voluntary to me.. I hasten to remark that no illusion of judgement should be passed on anyone who does not participate, there are too many possible legitimate reasons for this.. and frankly, I don't want to know.. I DO know that we have a group of 36 so far, which is a perfectly respectable number, and the coming week may or may not produce additional participants. This is not a test of character. This is not a means by which we can formulate a social order in the forum.. this is Santa Claus coming to town, and you're gonna feel good when the recipient of your present expresses their gratitude, whether in public or in private or both.. this was a wacky weekend on ABN.. I don't have one of those calendars that shows full moons but I'd say we're all full of lunacy here! Let's make this exchange what it was meant to be: a nice, fun thing to do..!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583