2012 Calendar (Part II)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

milkglassbottles

Reaction score
RE: 2012 Calendar (Part II) Deadline approaching!

Perhaps the idea of the bottle calender should be shelved completely? Everyone that needs a 2011 calender can purchase one of these directly at about the same price point and am confident that there SOMETHING for EVERYONE!

http://www.freeality.com/sports_illustrated_calendars.htm

Rockhounder55

Reaction score

There's quite a selection of calendars on that site, milkglass. Though I didn't see a bottle calendar listed, there is an outhouse calendar on there. [:D] But it's funny that you brought up ordering our own calendars, as that was going to be one of my suggestions. That everyone that wants a calendar, go online and order their own. They can pick whatever 12 photos they want. Then make a contribution to the bottle site. That way no one's feelings are hurt if their photo isn't one of the 12 chosen. ~Mike

milkglassbottles

Reaction score

Actually, Kinko's will print them in single lot quantity and even mail them...but I guess you knew that already, huh?

epackage

Reaction score

What's the point of an ABN calendar if we're gonna choose any photo we want? I'm out because this is becoming a cluster fuck, please don't use my pic's....thanx, Jim

Rockhounder55

Reaction score

Jim, I'm sorry you feel that way, but this is an example of why I'm trying to bow out of this gracefully. I knew we weren't going to please everyone. Unfortunately, the wheels were already in motion when it dawned on me. Few offered any kind help with this project. Here's another question for you all. How many of you would have actually purchased the ABN calendar if one of your pics wasn't in it? It was a good idea, but like all good ideas with so many people involved, it wasn't going to happen. Maybe next year. ~Mike

milkglassbottles

Reaction score

I understand your frustration completely and I can't say that I blame you.

C56FBF0E6831443BBB212F1971C57180.gif

Attachments

• C56FBF0E6831443BBB212F1971C57180.gif
    C56FBF0E6831443BBB212F1971C57180.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 78

epackage

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: Rockhounder55

Jim, I'm sorry you feel that way, but this is an example of why I'm trying to bow out of this gracefully. I knew we weren't going to please everyone. Unfortunately, the wheels were already in motion when it dawned on me. Few offered any kind help with this project. Here's another question for you all. How many of you would have actually purchased the ABN calendar if one of your pics wasn't in it? It was a good idea, but like all good ideas with so many people involved, it wasn't going to happen. Maybe next year. ~Mike
I planned to purchase one if I had posted any pic's or not, it was about the group and the site, not getting my personal pic in the calendar. Hell, I can look at my bottles day and night, no need to see them in a calendar. I can't stomach Milkglassbottles(Gary), but I love the pic of his display and if it was the only pic in there I would hang it on the wall with pride knowing it was the ABN calendar....

Again thanx for the effort Mike, but count me out and please do not use my pic's.....Jim

Stardust

Reaction score

Mike,
You have have done a fantastic job.
There have been too many cooks in the kitchen so to speak .
Maybe this year and this is only a suggestion, as I have been there for
my wonderful friend under a lot of stress. This nice idea is now taking
the Spirit out of his own Holiday right now, all because he wants to make everyone happy.

Stardust

Reaction score

Everyone could go to vistaprint and get a nice calender for free for an upload fee of 4.95 and pick the pics you want and see how this whole process works. There is even a deal if you buy three. Who really cares who wins, you are all winners to Mike... I think it got really hard. I know I didn't enter because I would have felt bad being a loser, along with I didn't really have time being in the hospital.
http://www.vistaprint.com/congrats-wall-calendars.aspx?&GP=12%2f5%2f2011+9%3a25%3a12+AM&GPS=2270120318&GNF=1&GPLSID=2491630147

I hope the link still works ~ Please if you don't like what I said, Please just bump and go to the next post...I'm not well enough for negitive comments ~ thanks ~ *
oh,and maybe people could donate some extra to the forum for the holidays on what they saved on the calenders ~ Have a HAPPY ONE ~
star ~ *

carobran

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: milkglassbottles

Perhaps the idea of the bottle calender should be shelved completely? Everyone that needs a 2011 calender can purchase one of these directly at about the same price point and am confident that there SOMETHING for EVERYONE!

http://www.freeality.com/sports_illustrated_calendars.htm
weve got this far..........no need to turn back now,lets just get cyberdigger to move all the pics to another thread(could take a little while though[;)]) and vote on them(with a poll)...no extra comments added,just the pics so it wont get confusing....whichever 12 get the most votes wins.....and if someone doesnt get their pic chosen........then they should have taken a better one[8|][8|]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776