2012 Calendar (Part II)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stardust

Reaction score
RE: 2012 Calendar (Part II) Deadline approaching!

So maybe that is why people gave thumbs up! They thought Mike knew. That is all I meant to add in ~ Peace

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego

Hi Star,
Mike started a great thing and Charlie just took it upon himself to complete because Mike did say in one of his last posts and I quote....

"but this is an example of why I'm trying to bow out of this gracefully......"It was a good idea, but like all good ideas with so many people involved, it wasn't going to happen. Maybe next year. ~Mike

So I think you're giving Charlie a hard time even though you are trying to present it nicely....just saying

Give Charlie a break or he'll probably quit and I think he's done a hell of a job at it.
I'm sending my $20.00 to Charlie for my ABN Calender....I hope some more of you do the same.

Thanks,
Doug

cyberdigger

Reaction score

Don't worry folks, I can handle anything, I'm constant as the northern star.. [:D]

Mike has not been left in the dust, either.. a decision about what company to use to get them printed has not been made yet, and I'm looking forward to speaking with him about his research into that. In fact, Mike has been at my side for lots of projects, always ready to come to the rescue when there's a problem with the balance sheet. He is indeed a wonderful guy and ultimately we all have HIM to thank for getting this project underway.
Star, you are a sweet and sensitive woman, and I understand what you're saying. I assure you everything is fine. [:)]
Doug, thank you.. I got your high-res version this morning and will use that for the calendar. I hope everybody else does that too, I want this calendar to be as nice as possible..

Stardust

Reaction score

Thanks for understanding Charlie, I would be right there for any member looking out for them and I know you know that. I think you know exactly what I mean but, he should have been contacted, as he was feeling like the show was being taken over. Mike means a lot to me as a good friend, as well as a forum member. Enough said....

Dabeel,
I love Charlie, I know he understands what I mean, I just have to Twinkle Extra Loud every once in a while, cause that's what friends are for. I hope someone would be looking out for me around here if the same thing happened. Anyway, back to It's a wonderful life. *
Happy Holidays.

Rockhounder55

Reaction score

Thanks for the support, star. There wasn't much of that here. I realize I'm not part of the "clique" here on ABN, but I still thought I could make the calendar work. I'm not a quitter, but in the long run I could see it wasn't going to work. I'd be the bad guy in the end no matter what because of one reason or another. "My pics weren't chosen," or "the quality wasn't very good," or "I thought it was going to be a bigger calendar," or "I didn't know when the deadline was." See what I'm saying? It was going to be a lose lose situation for me. We had those who wanted to change the rules after they were already established, yet offered no suggestions for the rules in the first place. I wonder what kind of reception I would have gotten had I picked the 12 photos and said send me the money. Take it or leave it. I'm guessing it wouldn't have gone over very big. Then we had the childish comments against other members. The price was clearly stated at $9.99 PLUS the shipping. If there was any "taxes and stuff," I was prepared to pay for those out of pocket. I really wanted to see this happen, but I think egos just get in the way sometimes. ~Mike

carobran

Reaction score

This forum could complicate a bubble gum chewing contest[8|][;)]

cyberdigger

Reaction score

For once I agree with you Carb.. [:)]

Mike, I hope you don't hate me for taking us through the worm hole.. if you want to take it over from here, PLEASE DO! I have a lot on my plate already, and my email inbox is overheating.. and not to mention you offered it cheaper than me.. [;)]

epackage

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: Rockhounder55

Thanks for the support, star. There wasn't much of that here. I realize I'm not part of the "clique" here on ABN, but I still thought I could make the calendar work. I'm not a quitter, but in the long run I could see it wasn't going to work. I'd be the bad guy in the end no matter what because of one reason or another. "My pics weren't chosen," or "the quality wasn't very good," or "I thought it was going to be a bigger calendar," or "I didn't know when the deadline was." See what I'm saying? It was going to be a lose lose situation for me. We had those who wanted to change the rules after they were already established, yet offered no suggestions for the rules in the first place. I wonder what kind of reception I would have gotten had I picked the 12 photos and said send me the money. Take it or leave it. I'm guessing it wouldn't have gone over very big. Then we had the childish comments against other members. The price was clearly stated at $9.99 PLUS the shipping. If there was any "taxes and stuff," I was prepared to pay for those out of pocket. I really wanted to see this happen, but I think egos just get in the way sometimes. ~Mike
Thanx for all you did Mike, sorry if I caused you any headaches....Jim

cyberdigger

Reaction score

Mike gets full credit for taking the initiative on this calendar project, that's for sure. It definitely would not have happened at all without his inspiration.

2muchstuff

Reaction score

Why just twelve pics, you have availble space for 365 pics more if you fill in blanks at end of month. Just my 2cents worth (with inflation )I probably owe you money .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2