3 Prong Digger vs. What you use?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
Shameless plug for Lou at old west bottles, I just upgraded my existing gear with three new probes from Lou and they are hands down the best I've owned! Also hella nice folks who worked with me on the order...

Personally I enjoy three prongers... I get a special One from true value that comes with a long handle, that I cut down to about 12 inches. The ones from true value are the only ones that have never broke on me and I've only had to replace them when I loose them or wear them down... They are the best for ash dumps... But you do have to be careful about scratching glass! It happens though... I've been wanting to try a paddle...

sem_yeto

Reaction score
Those paddles from Lou are great for movin dirt. Yes, I said DIRT. Do not use those in the layer. I've been digging many yrs and have never seen so many freshly damaged bottles as the result of guys using this tool in the layer. It defeats the whole purpose of bottle digging to freshly thrash the goods.
Some sound advise from someone who's been there and seen it.

maxbitters

Reaction score
Those paddles are hands down the best thing I've found in 40 plus year of digging but they can also be death on bottles for the in experienced who aren't careful. I'm sold out of the three footers right now but should have more available shortly. We also manufacture from all new materials one of the finest and easiest to use probes available, just ask anyone who owns one.[/align]Lou[/align]www.oldwestbottles.com[/align]

JustGlass

Reaction score
When the handle on my three prong broke I bought another new one and then one of the prongs broke off so I bought another new one and the handle went on that one to. I decided to go out and get one of these diggers.

E0BA6635E4E64197BFCFDDB68FC59BA0.jpg

Attachments

• E0BA6635E4E64197BFCFDDB68FC59BA0.jpg
    E0BA6635E4E64197BFCFDDB68FC59BA0.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 73

LC

Reaction score
I always used a four prong potato digger with the handle cut short , never once broke a bottle while using it .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn