9 examples known!?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
They find some creek walking too! They're unbelievable. I've taken a page out their book and began walking some creeks near me, to no avail. Mostly early crown top beers and an occasional '20s-30s "Art Deco" soda - all of which have been local.

Same here, although I've found some killer heartbreakers before.

algilp3

Reaction score
I'm an avid collector of Kentucky Sodas and have followed Kentucky Amber Cokes for the past 11 years ago. This is probably the hardest variant of the Lexington, Ky amber coke to acquire. But, rare should never be used when referencing a Lexington, Ky Amber Coke of any variant because there are so many. I've seen a dozen or so over the years of the Graham horseshoe's. Typically, they sell for a notch above a standard Lexington amber. I think you would be able to pick one up for $50 or less. Now, I have seen them bring more but I question the legitimacy of the eBay auction.

At first glance, this looks like your run of the mill, Coca Cola Straight side from Lexington Kentucky. The mark on the bottom of this bottle however may be super rare.

The marking shown here is what has me excited. This is the mark of the Graham Glass Company, rather, a logo they used on advertisements.

"Although
Toulouse (1971:213)
illustrated an upside
down bottle
superimposed over a
“G” as used by Graham,
the logo was rarely
embossed on bottles.
Bill Porter
has discovered nine
examples – from five
states, all in the South – where the mark appeared on
the bases of a straight-sided Coke bottles"

http://bottleinfo.historicbottles.co...rahamGlass.pdf

So just how rare is this bottle, and what is it worth?

And to think, I bought it for $19.95.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Screwtop

Reaction score
I'm an avid collector of Kentucky Sodas and have followed Kentucky Amber Cokes for the past 11 years ago. This is probably the hardest variant of the Lexington, Ky amber coke to acquire. But, rare should never be used when referencing a Lexington, Ky Amber Coke of any variant because there are so many. I've seen a dozen or so over the years of the Graham horseshoe's. Typically, they sell for a notch above a standard Lexington amber. I think you would be able to pick one up for $50 or less. Now, I have seen them bring more but I question the legitimacy of the eBay auction.

At first glance, this looks like your run of the mill, Coca Cola Straight side from Lexington Kentucky. The mark on the bottom of this bottle however may be super rare.

The marking shown here is what has me excited. This is the mark of the Graham Glass Company, rather, a logo they used on advertisements.

"Although
Toulouse (1971:213)
illustrated an upside
down bottle
superimposed over a
“G” as used by Graham,
the logo was rarely
embossed on bottles.
Bill Porter
has discovered nine
examples – from five
states, all in the South – where the mark appeared on
the bases of a straight-sided Coke bottles"

http://bottleinfo.historicbottles.co...rahamGlass.pdf

So just how rare is this bottle, and what is it worth?

And to think, I bought it for $19.95.
[/QUOTE]

You are the first person to have any info what so ever on these, and I thank you for that. I've been collecting bottles for several years now, and I've never seen that mark before, on any Lexington bottle, and I've seen many, many, many of those.

I searched the internet for a long time, and what you read is what I've found. I even emailed one of my friends who studies Coca Cola bottles, makers and marks constantly and he's only ever seen one of them, so I was going off of this info only.

With light of this new information however, I suppose I set the price too high. I'm sorry, I just didn't know, and couldn't find anybody who did know.

As cheesy as it sounds, a bottle is worth what someone is willing to pay.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese