A Christmas eve outing and dig...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
We had a spot where a tree had partially fallen toward the creek,...we were mining under its dead roots...Tom pulled this cool little pot out...I know there have been speculation on what these were? Digswithstick brought us a few when he came to dig with us...and I used to find them a lot back in the day...Been awhile since I've seen one...This one had some cool glaze runs..

Anybody? Neat little stoneware items....
Anyhow, just after this pic, my camera made it from my pocket and into the icy creek...It's been pretty gritted up and dysfunctional lately....Maybe this will wash her out? [sm=lol.gif] It's in a bag of rice right now...We'll hope for the best as a new camera's not in the budget right now...Tom lent me his memory card adapter and at least we saved the pics! Merry Christmas everybody and thanks for checking things out!

1801010DBA9647D4BE3F822ED7655F1D.jpg

Attachments

• 1801010DBA9647D4BE3F822ED7655F1D.jpg
    1801010DBA9647D4BE3F822ED7655F1D.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 61

Digging Up Bottles

Reaction score
Nice digs, Joe! The adventure is the most important part, right? Once the thaw hits in spring, I'm sure you'll be tearing that place apart and finding some other great bottles n' stuff. Merry Chirstmas! [:D]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Thank you Tim....Yes..sometimes it's just about getting out with a friend who shares the bottle sickness. :) Something to do fun till our next big dig shows up... Thanks for your kind words...Merry Christmas to you too.

Brains

Reaction score
I'm pretty jealous of the amount of snow cover displayed in your pictures... that's the perfect amount for me to go hiking in Pennsylvania in (it HAS to be Pennsylvania...), but i'm stuck here with family obligations for the Holidays.
heavy sigh...
Thanks for the pic's mann, maybe if i hold the computer up to my face i can act like i'm there.

NyDigger1

Reaction score
nice finds! the little stoneware thing in the last picture is actually for melting gold, Ive had 3 people tell me that and I have a few myself. HH!

tigue710

Reaction score
merry x-mas Joe and family, and everyone here on the blue pages. Looks like a fun outing! I love your posts Joe, they bring me back to my treks around New England

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Thank you Tigue...I too have always loved reading your posts ...I like the old New England digging stories, and where you are now is pretty great too...New England glass~ Goldrush glass...top notch stuff. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Merry Christmas again Joe[:D] Glad you guys got "un stuck" How much snow do you guys have? we just got 2 inches tonight.

Nice adventure pix. I am probably going to dig with Badger one day this week i have off the whole week so i have to dig "something"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter