a couple gold rush pontiled soda/mineral waters

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mf150

Thanks, Jim.
I have to say I much prefer uncleaned bottles. They have much more character. Too bad I have no places to dig around SF. The neighborhoods are too new, and the old areas of san francsisco are either covered up with cement or a building is on top of them. Wish I could have lived in the 1970s when the developers would let enthusiasts dig prior to putting a building up like the embarcadero 2! I have two or three bottles I bought from a guy who dug this site. The Taylor and co (the first bottle in this thread) was dug in the 70s and was in this man's collection for 30 years.
I'm lucky to have it. It's going to stay original (no cleaning).

coincidentally there is an article in last sunday's chronical...
said archaeologists were finding many artifacts at the site of the new trans-bay terminal here in SF. One of the items found was a Bay City Soda Water cobalt smooth base squat...lol

ORIGINAL: Jim

Nice sodas, Matt. I like 'em all. ~Jim

I completely agree about preferring bottles uncleaned they look like 150+ year old dug bottles should look.

Chris

surfaceone

Reaction score
said archaeologists were finding many artifacts at the site of the new trans-bay terminal here in SF. One of the items found was a Bay City Soda Water cobalt smooth base squat...lol

Howdy Matt,

You might wanna go see some of the stuff "in the lobby of 201 Mission St., a high-rise at the south end of the construction site that houses the headquarters for the Transbay Joint Powers Authority, the agency building the $4.2 billion transit terminal expected to open in 2017. The museum-like exhibition of about 70 small items - and not including the gold - will be available for public viewing during business hours through February, giving the public a chance to glimpse into life in the 1870s." From.

There's a brief slideshow of artifacts HERE. Another is just THERE.

ba-Transbay_Arti_0504664790_part7.jpg

mf150

Reaction score
Yeah, that was some of the stuff we saw in the Chronicle article. We are thinking about when we can make it down to the display. Should be neat to see.

ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Howdy Matt,

You might wanna go see some of the stuff "in the lobby of 201 Mission St., a high-rise at the south end of the construction site that houses the headquarters for the Transbay Joint Powers Authority, the agency building the $4.2 billion transit terminal expected to open in 2017. The museum-like exhibition of about 70 small items - and not including the gold - will be available for public viewing during business hours through February, giving the public a chance to glimpse into life in the 1870s." From.

There's a brief slideshow of artifacts HERE. Another is just THERE.

ba-Transbay_Arti_0504664790_part7.jpg

mf150

Reaction score
I think we are going to go down to see the display. Should be interesting.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Gold Rush vintage sodas are great, aren't they? I have been fortunate to dig many dozens of them in both Sacramento and S.F. I let a few rare ones go at the show last weekend.

mf150

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CALDIGR2

Gold Rush vintage sodas are great, aren't they? I have been fortunate to dig many dozens of them in both Sacramento and S.F. I let a few rare ones go at the show last weekend.

Haven't been able to make it to a show, yet. Would love to go. Would love to be able to dig, too! Are you still digging, or is it harder now days. I recently saw a Hogan and Thompson in great condition go for $1400! Very good condition. DROOL.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score

Haven't been able to make it to a show, yet. Would love to go. Would love to be able to dig, too! Are you still digging, or is it harder now days. I recently saw a Hogan and Thompson in great condition go for $1400! Very good condition. DROOL.
Yes, I dig at least one hole a week. Finding a place to dig takes due diligence. The H&T in question has a replaced top.

mf150

Reaction score
The H&T I saw sell had light wear and it was in great shape. maybe you're thinking of another bottle?

Yes, I dig at least one hole a week. Finding a place to dig takes due diligence. The H&T in question has a replaced top.

mf150

Reaction score
The H&T I saw sell had light wear and it was in great shape. maybe you're thinking of another bottle?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause