A&E of Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cc6pack

Reaction score
1859 NEW MODEL SHARPS (BERDAN)

Yw68356.jpg

Attachments

• Yw68356.jpg
    Yw68356.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Yw68356.jpg
    Yw68356.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 82

Black_Boogers

Reaction score
Wow... now we've just switched from bottles in movies to guns in movies...didn't Quigley use a Sharps like that in "Quigley Down Under"?? [:D] Awesome movie, awesome gun!!

[;)]

Black_Boogers

Reaction score
quote:

I sold my sharp and authentic 1818 Kentucky squrrel gun

Did you have a Sharp's as well as the Kentucky squirrel gun, Warren?

Speaking of squirrel guns, I've used this one a few times... Hy Hunter .58 cal. Hawken.

Why shoot the squirrel when you can blow up the whole tree!!! [:D][:D][:D]

Ca82986.jpg

Attachments

• Ca82986.jpg
    Ca82986.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 84

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Had one of those CFA, CSA, CAS, or what ever it was kit things that was suposed to look like a Civil war rifle and was a piece of inacurate crap. Built it and shot it a couple of times then got rid of it.

Warren did you experiment with your grains of powder and patch thickness , I presume you were shooting a round ball ? I have a side hammer CVA Hawken .45 cal. and it's deadly accurate with 80 grains powder and a round ball.
I shoot a more modern Remington Stainless 700 .50 muzzle loader with 100 grains powder and a 245 power belt bullet now a days. Much easier to clean than that CVA.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Brian, It was more than 20 years ago when I was stationed at Lowery AFB in Denver. Couldn't say what load I used.

It was suposed to be an Enfield and it just didn't suit me. I bought the kit new for about $69 so you can imagine how good it was. Sold it to a buddy who put a modern barrel in it and used it for hunting and I built the Sharp's. Got my first elk with it.

The Kentucky rifle I got in the late 1980s and it was sweet. You could bullseye nearly as far as you could see with that thing. Man it was sweet. Had to sell it to get rid of a pain I married. Now that I think of it I could have kept the rifle and used it to get rid of the pain. LoL

Hey BB, you can always use the powder burner to pop all those clear cylinder whiskeys from 1910. Now that would be A&E. LoL

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229