a few finds from last week

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

aufishjr

Reaction score
Here's just a few finds from last week digging. I dug my buttt off and found these 3. The one is a pretty good Utah soda, and the other 2 are probably a bit more common. I haven't found out anything about the jar and would appreciate any input. It is embossed Bishop Company on the bottom. The little one was probably a labeled medicine. I'm heading out the door right now to see if I can dig anymore up. Thanks again for any help and comments.
Steve
DSCF2277.jpg

DSCF2279.jpg

beendiggin

Reaction score
Bishop & Co. is listed in Zumwalts book on page 48. Roland Porter Bishop was first mentioned in 1904 in San Diego as being in the preserved fruit, cracker, candy , and peanut butter business. Probably yours is the peanut butter jar. There is another: Edgar Bishop who was a grocer from 1868-1880's and had two locations ,one at 716 Market and one at 17 Geary in San Francisco. No one is sure which jars or bottles are attributable to which co. They both made many products. The Bishop & Co. of San Diego's brick factory building on Market St. was reopened some years back as an antique center which according to reports houses a cracker eating ghost nicknamed "crunch"..That should get you interested in checking out the antiques there.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.