a few I can't find anything on...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: druggistnut

Surf,
Thanks very much for that flashback. So so the GESS was a Vermifuge/Dewormer. Neat.
I'll have to ask Gary (justadddirt) if I might be able to use his label info, if I sell mine.
I'm going to see what else I can find on Sweeney and Dr Campbell.
I did find reference to a Dr Broughton, who was an Occultist. He seemed to be in favor of natural healing, though, going as far as to recommend people being buried for the earths healing powers, etc... Don't think it's the same guy.
Bill
Let me know when you decide to sell it. Don't have one of those yet...

Reaction score
:) <3 the GESS bottle. I wish I could find pictures of what my grandpa's bottle lair looked like before they removed everything for auction. I think one of my aunts might. I have some poor quality pictures of a couple shelves but none of the collection in it's entirety. I wish I could have made it there when the auction started to see all of them in ONE place. He had so many. I'm glad that you liked what he had though.

We did a slight pre-sale for family (mainly me, my mom and my two aunts because nobody else in the family is interested) and some other cool ones were sold then (but I suppose I think they're all cool). He had cobalt Carter's ink cathedral shaped bottles in the large and medium size which my aunt bought (I would have LOVED them but didn't have the money for it). I was able to buy 11 bottles before they went to auction but that's all the money I could spare. They have a very dear spot in my heart. :)

Thanks for coming out and putting up with me the other day, Bill! Again, it was great to meet you! :)

druggistnut

Reaction score
B&P.
I knew I had seen that before.
It's on the backside of the Lyons Powder bottles. They are embossed B&P New York.
Ring a bell for anyone?
Bill

druggistnut

Reaction score
Thanks for coming out and putting up with me the other day, Bill! Again, it was great to meet you!

Ashley,
I had a blast. Your family is really nice (I wish that you all hadn't been put through that) and you were good company and a GREAT wind block. lol

We'll get you both out digging, hopefully before spring.

Try to make room on your calendar for a bottle club meeting. They are the 2nd Thursday of each month, in Grand Blanc. Let me know if you or your Mom want to attend and I'll make sure
that you get directions, etc..
Be well,
Bill

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'm not arguing with the Med Master but wasn't Barnes & Park a bit earlier. I also looked into Burgin and Pearsall but that was also way early.
If the "P" were a "B" or "R" I might have something. [:)]
Nothing for a P.B. & J though except I'm about ready for brunch now. [:D][:D]

CazDigger

Reaction score
They found several cases of the Dr Campbells in an old Wells College sorority house in Aurora a few years back and the sorority sold them off. You see alot of them with the original box.

druggistnut

Reaction score
They found several cases of the Dr Campbells in an old Wells College sorority house in Aurora a few years back and the sorority sold them off.

Well, that certainly didn't help my cause one bit. lol
Mighty rude of them to have done that.
Bill

druggistnut

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, everyone.

So, do you think the Original G.E.S.S. bottle was a generic for the company and he placed labels for different products on that bottle? That would make sense, since there is an indication he also put out Veterinary products.

Any idea on when he left Waverly for Binghamton?

If I put it on eBay, I don't know whether to call it a Veterinary bottle, or a Verifuge/wormer. I think what I will do is reference the info I DO have and let folks make their own best guesstimate.

Quarter to 2 in the morning, no wonder I am mentally wandering.... lol
Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday