A few more finds--

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
You're getting me in the digging spirit. I have to get out there soon, but I was sick. I'm not into cleaning bottles either.

vabottles69

Reaction score
Yes - Its a TOC Dump...Fun to dig..FIND SOMETHING different everytime we go.... Learning that deeper is better...lol anyway would love to find an older spot...This spot looks to range -- as best i can tell 1910,s - late1940's -
Really need to hook up with other diggers + do some research and try and find alittle older spot....But believe me until then I will gladly keep digging this one...Any other VA diggers out there that need a pair of strong back diggers- toooo take along with them...lol

kanudigit?

Reaction score
Those cleaned up purty good partner. I cleaned all the other stuff, scrubbed a couple, I'll take pictures later. I swear if you find one more nice cobalt ink before I find MY FIRST ONE I may have to thump you on the head with my shovel and claim it was a cave in. For those of you reading, diggin with Jon is a fun time. He talks to bottles as he's diggin. Stuff like "Come on baby, I see you." "Be good to me." "Ooooooo, look at this one!" I'm trying to shovel dirt and he keeps making me laugh. I won't type what he says when he spends 15 minutes carefully and painstakingly extracating what turns out to be...another Frenches Mustard. He went all Jihad on the last one, tried to stab it in half with his trowel! Good times!!

madman

Reaction score
hey guys great digs where ya at in virginia? mike ps love to dig with ya

vabottles69

Reaction score
We live in Hampton ..Just 2 blocks from each other... Are you inviting us????
Shouldn't speak for partner...But in this case we would love to meet other digers...haven't yet...We dig in Norfolk....

vabottles69

Reaction score
I'll bring you a BLUE ink in the morning...Just for you partner.. since I have a few...lol.....I'll give ya the best of the lot...For I'm sure we will find more....Trust that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:D]

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Hey nice finds guys ,glad to hear someone else talks to the bottles too ,be carefull you could be getting close to having too much fun lol ,Dws

E

Reaction score
Va Bottles and Kanudigit (why don't you guys get an easy handle like "E").

I want to hit Suffolk in the near future = there are many glorious dumps that were heavily dug out in the 80's/90's. Can't assure you that we would be able to find a thing - but at least the potential for much older bottles is there (and you would have new turf to search).

I have an idea of where some stuff may be hiding but it would require alot of muscle, bailing, reaching deep into muck, and determination = requires digging deep below grade in a moving stream. This effort did pay off back in the mid 90's the one time I tried it (but who's to say someone else hasn't figured it out since?). Lemme know if you want to give it go some time. Here's what came up outta the deep back then:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbudagirl